- Merrill Lynch Rises to Top of Equity Ranking. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;3/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p38
Reports that Merrill Lynch topped equity and equity-linked instruments rankings for 1999. Amount of stock and stock-convertible deals the firm worked on; Other top performers; Remarks from Stephen Schaible, managing director at J.P. Morgan.
- ACE Sets The Pace For Merrill, J.P. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;03/08/99, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p2
Provides information on the credit facility that Merrill Lynch and J.P. Morgan are arranging for ACE Ltd. Terms of the agreement; Composition of the facility; Pricing.
- Merrill Sees Growing Appeal to Foreign Banks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p32
Reports the taxable municipal deals of Merrill Lynch & Co. with foreign banks in the U.S. Link between municipal bond and income tax exemption; Views of John Hallacy, managing director of municipal bond, on the issue; Impact of international banking on the company.
- Aurora Secures Financing, Explores Asset Sales. // Frozen Food Age;Aug2002, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the decision of Aurora Foods Inc. to retain Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and J.P. Morgan & Co. to explore options for the company, including asset sales. Use for financing secured by the company; Expansion of Aurora's Fresh Lender's Bagel line; Varieties of Fresh Lender's bagels.
- Merrill, Morgan once again hike loan for hostile Conrail bid. Dunaief, Daniel // American Banker;12/23/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 244, p23
Reports that Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. and J.P. Morgan and Co. have agreed to finance part of Norfolk Southern Corp.'s $10.5 billion takeover offer for Conrail Inc. Details of Norfolk Southern's bid for Conrail; Terms of the financing agreement.
- J.P. Morgan, Merrill, CSFB Take Stakes in Hedge Site. // American Banker;8/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 156, p8
Reports on the stake in PlusFunds.com, an Internet site, that J.P. Morgan & Co., Merrill Lynch & Co., and Credit Suisse First Boston have taken. How much the company has raised through the equity private placement; PlusFunds' main feature; Some of the site's partners.
- The SOFT SQUEEZE. Springsteel, Ian // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/30/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 26, p30
For Thomas Chewning, the chief financial officer of Dominion Resources Corp., there are few more satisfying achievements than closing a massive equity deal in little more than an hour. That's just what Chewning was able to do on May 20, 2003 when the Virginia-based utility and power producer...
- Consolidated Street research. // Asset Securitization Report;9/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p21
Presents data on the asset-backed securities (ABS) of different companies as of August 30, 2001. J.P. Morgan's lowering of recommended allocations in ABS sectors; Spreads for asset classes of Credit Suisse First Boston; Merrill Lynch's expectation of continued heavy supply in September 2001 as...
- Jury still out. Steyn, Greta // Finweek;2/7/2008, p57
The author examines the impact of the U.S. economic recession on the economy of South Africa. There are assumptions that the U.S. is already experiencing a weakening economy which will greatly affect the economic status of South Africa as well. Many finance services companies reveal this...