- No break for bond funds. // Money;Jul1994, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p38
Reports that May 1994 marked the fourth straight monthly decline for fixed-income funds. Impact of increasing interest rates; Information on stock funds; Average equity funds.
- Fund screen. // Money;Dec1994, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p51
Lists four bond funds that managed to best their category averages during the present bear market and preceding bull run. FPA New Income; Invesco Select Income; Fidelity Intermediate Bond; Harbor Bond.
- Domestic bond funds continue to bleed. // Money;Dec1994, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p60
Presents statistical data on the top performers in different types of bond funds ranked by one-year return, as of October 22, 1994. Loss for all domestic bond fund groups; World income funds as lone winner; Fidelity Deutsche Mark as leader in world income funds.
- The same sad refrain: Higher rates hammer bonds. // Money;Jan1995, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p65
Presents a list of corporate and government bond funds ranked by one-year return. Type; Stock fund style; Risk level; Percentage gain to December 1, 1994; Portfolio analysis; Contact information.
- Bond funds smile at signs of a slowing economy. // Money;Sep94, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p56
Tallies the performance of `Money' magazine's bond fund categories as of September 1994. U.S. government funds; Investment-grade corporates; High-yield corporates; Mortgage-backed securities; World income; Tax-exempt bonds.
- Rising rates deal domestic bond funds a loss. // Money;Oct94, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p60
Presents a chart showing the performance of bond funds in August 1994. United States government bonds; Investment-grade corporates; High-yield corporates; Mortgage-backed securities; World income; Tax-exempt bonds.
- Junk bond funds shrug off inflation fears. // Money;Nov94, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p56
Presents statistics on top performing junk bond funds as of September 24, 1994. Gain or loss; Five-year return; Portfolio analysis; Maximum sales charge; Minimum initial investment; Telephone.
- Tax-exempt bond funds bounce back smartly. // Money;Mar95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p58
Presents statistics regarding the performance of various bond funds in the United States for the week ending January 28, 1995. List of top performing bonds; Investing styles; Risk levels; Gains and losses incurred by the bonds; Portfolio analysis; Maximum sales charge; Minimum initial...
- Bond funds. // Money;May96, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p60
Provides a list of the top-performing one, three, five, and 10 year bond funds, the 10 biggest taxable funds, and the top-performing government, investment-grade, high yield corporate, mortgage-backed, world income, and tax-exempt bond funds. How signs of economic strength hurt the fixed-income...