The clock is ticking for financial modernization bill;
- Roukema defends her banking CRA exemption in relief bill. Anason, Dean // American Banker;8/7/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 150, p3
Reports on the efforts of United States representative Marge Roukema, to deny claims that she mismanaged regulatory relief legislation. Comments from Roukema; Provisions made under the legislation; Views of Roukema's critics.
- Rep. Roukema may seek N.J. Senate seat. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;8/17/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 158, p2
Reports on the possibility for US Representative Marge Roukema to run for the Senate in 1996.
- ROUKEMA TO RETIRE, YSP HEARING? // National Mortgage News;11/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p29
Reports the plan of Representative Marge Roukema to retire as vice chairman of the House Financial Services Committee in Washington. Impact of the Department of Housing and Urban Development policy statement on mortgage brokers; Comments of Paul Sarbanes on the policy.
- Agreement reached on Sterling Forest. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/19/96, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p3
Reports that a joint statement was issued by United States Representative Benjamin A. Gilman of New York and Marge Roukema and William Martini of New Jersey on an agreement on a way to preserve and protect Sterling Forest.
- Rep. Roukema emerges from sidelines to become a force on bank panel. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;8/10/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 153, p3
Focuses on New Jersey Republican Representative Marge Roukema's powerful role in the House Banking's financial institutions subcommittee. Emergence from being a low-profile lawmaker; Willingness to take stands on crucial issues involved with modernizing the financial services industry;...
- Roukema bill would end thrift charter and let banks align with finance firms. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;9/26/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 185, p3
Reports on Representative Marge Roukema's introduction of a legislation that would allow banks to affiliate with financial companies and abolish the thrift charter by 1998. Provisions under the proposed bill; Drafting of the bill in cooperation with the Alliance for Financial Modernization;...
- A scolding on push for credit union bill. Anason, Dean // American Banker;3/13/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 49, p6
Reports that Representative Marge Roukema scolded Representative Gerald B.H. Solomon for claiming House Speaker Newt Gingrich would persuade a member of the House Banking Committee to introduce legislation easing credit union membership limits.
- Measure would help state banks branch. // American Banker;4/10/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 68, p2
Reports on the proposal of House Representative Marge Roukema (R-N.J.) and other key lawmakers in the United States of making state-chartered banks branch across state lines easier.
- Lawmakers asks FHA to delay cut in insurance premium. Prakash, Snigdha // American Banker;4/4/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 63, p10
Reports on Representative Marge Roukema's request for the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) to hold off on cutting the premium until lawmakers can review how the cut would affect the mortgage insurance fund. Percentage cut in the premium; Violation of congressional intent according to the...