Citizens groups file suit against planned takeover of New
- Oil versus gas debate heats up. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/25/94, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p42
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the Oil Institute of Long Island against Long Island Lighting Co. for false advertising. Disagreement on the cost effectiveness of natural gas and fuel oil; Projection of gas price increases.
- Shoreham schools hit hard by ruling on power plant. Golden, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/5/94, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p17
Reports on the New York State Supreme Court Appellate's decision that Suffolk County, Shoreham-Wading River School District and Brookhaven Town in New York should pay back LI Lighting Co.'s (LILCO) overcharge in taxes. Supreme Court's refund order; Opposition from county and school officials;...
- LI Soundkeepers sue LILCO. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/20/96, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p1
Reports that the LI Lighting Co. (LILCO) and Connecticut Light and Power is refuting a lawsuit filed against them by the LI Soundkeeper Fund. Allegations about the discharge of toxic fluids by the companies' submarine cables into the Long Island Sound; Subpoena for LILCO to supply information...
- Pollution/Contamination, Court Divides Event Time-Coverage. // Insurance Advocate;6/09/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 22, p14
Cites the U.S. Supreme Court case 'Long Island Lighting Co. v. Allianz Underwriters Insurance Co.' Facts of the case; Contention of the parties involved in the case; Opinion of the court; Developments of the case.
- Let's Look at Citizens Advice Bureaux. Sloviter, Dolores Korman // American Bar Association Journal;Apr79, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p567
Features the Citizens Advice Bureaux, an organization that provides free and confidential legal advice and assistance in Great Britain. Range of legal services; Background information on the creation of the institution; Policy implications on the practice of law.
- FLOODPLAINS AS A MANIFESTATION OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL PRINCIPLE OF PREVENTION. Švarcová, Kateřina // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2016, Vol. 1, p895
This paper focuses on the specific manifestation of the principle of prevention, essential starting points of environmental legislation, and an important guide for interpreting and application in terms of regulating floodplains in the Czech Republic. Floodplains are environmental institutions of...
- LAW, MEDIA, & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY: A FUNDAMENTAL LINKAGE IN SUSTAINABLE DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE. Plater, Zygmunt J. B. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p511
The functional linkages between law and media have long been significant in shaping American democratic governance. Over the past thirty-five years, environmental analysis has similarly become essential to shaping international and domestic governmental policy. Environmentalism--focusing as it...
- INTERIM MEASURES IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEEDINGS: SPECIFICS OF ENVIRONMENTAL CASES. Heermann, Werner; Ragulskytė-Markovienė, Rasa; Žvaigždinienė, Indrė // Jurisprudencija;2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p207
Interim measures are procedural means that allow persons or States to have their rights preserved when a case is pending. Application of these measures especially in environmental cases is very important. In many of these cases (e.g. cases dealing with territorial planning, IPPC permits,...
- Toxic hazards: Are you in danger? // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar96, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on a study on facilities capabilities of generating a toxic gas cloud by the National Environmental Law Center and the United States Public Interest Research Group. Findings of study.