San Diego Convention Center backup financing delayed
- In back and forth game, hotel may now be dead. Pangburn, Joe // Inside Tucson Business;10/4/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the move of Tucson City Council to unanimously vote to send back the downtown convention center hotel project of Rio Nuevo Inc. in Arizona.
- City eyeing privatization, other options for TCC. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;09/21/98, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p18
Reports that the Tucson, Arizona's City Council has directed the Tucson Convention Center Commission (TCCC) to look into various alternatives for management. Customization of the best model to meet the needs of the city and the community; Proposal for TCCC to develop partnerships that would...
- NEC measures venue impact. Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;Sep98, p5
Announces that the NEC Group and Birmingham City Council in England have commissioned a study to look at the income and employment generated by the NEC Group venues. How the results of the research will be used; Comment from Sandy Taylor, economic adviser for Birmingham City Council.
- Financing Plan For Convention Center Gets Nod. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;12/12/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p3
The article reports that the plans for a special financing district was approved by the San Diego, California City Council on December 6, 2011 to support a proposed 520 million dollars expansion of the San Diego Convention Center.
- EICC confirms major expansion. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the expansion plans of the City of Edinburgh Council on the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC) in Edinburgh, Scotland. Development funding to be contributed by the City Council; Expected cost of the additional function space; Possible benefits of the additional function...
- Pearl scam. Saldana, Hector // Texas Monthly;May95, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p104
Details the scheme being propounded at some of Texas convention facilities by San Antonio City Council and Ticketmaster, for organizing rock and musical shows in the state. Details of the scheme; Disadvantage to music fans from the scheme.
- Council OKs plan for new TCC arena. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;03/09/98, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p1
Focuses on Tucson, Arizona City Council's approval of plans to build a downtown convention center as part of the city's capital improvement program. Importance of Tucson Convention Center to the community and to economic development; Plans to replace ice rink; Addition of a first-class hotel.
- City, county to begin convention center talks. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;12/06/96, Vol. 9 Issue 32, p3
Speculates on topics of discussion during the meeting of the Fort Worth City Council and the Tarrant County Commissioners on December 12, 1996. Proposal to renovate and expand convention center; Terms of ownership.
- Gaylord gets council's green light. Dillard, Betty // Fort Worth Business Press;3/31/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the approval of the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center improvement project by the Grapevine City Council in Texas. The council has given the go-ahead for the $315M expansion of the resort despite residents of the city objecting to this project. In a public hearing,...