FSA warns against pie in the sky investments
- FSA publishes regulatory plan. // Credit Management;Apr99, p9
Announces Great Britain's Financial Services Authority's publishing of its annual regulatory plan for 1999/2000. Proposed framework for the legal creation of a single financial services regulator in the country; Preparations for the implementation of the Financial Services and Markets Bill;...
- Bill will shake up financial services. // Credit Management;Aug99, p7
No abstract available.
- U.K. service providers could face more regs. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;03/13/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the Financial Services Authority's improvement of the regulation of financial services institutions in Great Britain. Service providers' operation; Requirements for providers; Agency's acknowledgement of the importance of service providers.
- Professional Briefing. Kobrin, David; Cooper, Stephanie; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Oct2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1298, p91
Presents news briefs related to financial services in Great Britain as of October 2001. Issuance of an updated guidance on the independent examination of charity accounts by the Charity Commission; Decision of the Investors Compensation Scheme to delay payment of the second and final...
- ESA staff shift plans. // Employee Benefits;May2006, p8
The article reports on the increase of Financial Services Authority's employment payment into its pension scheme through salary sacrifice in Great Britain. The employees will be able to contribute up to 40 percent which is allowed under new legislation.
- IFAs want defining moment from FSA. Love, Bruce // Money Marketing;9/4/2003, p1
Reports on the call of independent financial advisers (IFA) for Great Britain Financial Services Authority (FSA) to find a usable definition of misselling. Impact of the lack of definition on IFA; Comments of several IFA executives regarding the failure of the FSA to define misselling;...
- Trade bodies' fears on FSAs reporting rules. // Money Marketing;9/18/2003, p7
Reports on trade organizations' concern on the impact of reporting procedures proposed by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) of Great Britain. Provisions under the FSA regulatory reporting proposals for financial services firms.
- FSA to expand consumer education efforts. // Money Marketing;10/23/2003, p2
Reports that the British Financial Services Authority is to expand its consumer education role with a steering group to establish a consumer agenda. Roles and responsibilities of the steering group.
- Give IFAs a fair deal on regulation. // Money Marketing;10/23/2003, p33
Discusses the efforts of Great Britain's Financial Services Authority to detect misselling of products by the financial services industry. Early warning system to detect misselling; Emphasis on consumer education; Expansion of its consumer division to educate consumers; Necessity of...