Supreme Court rejects plea to let New Jersey agencies
- Important Cases of the Supreme Court. // Monkeyshines on the United States Government;2001, p50
Outlines several important cases pending before the U.S. Supreme Court. Details of the case between Marbury versus Madison; Relevance of the case of McCulloch versus Maryland; Impact of the ruling on the case of Plassy versus Ferguson.
- THE HAGUE DECISIONS OF THE SUPREME COURT. // America;6/17/1939, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p228
The author reflects on the verdict the U.S. Supreme Court passed against the ordinances related to peace and order of Mayor Hague of Jersey City in 1939. He believes it vindicated the rights of those under the 14th Amendment. It affirms the right to assemble peacefully, the privilege to...
- Supreme Court box score. // American Bar Association Journal;Jun79, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p901
Presents a summary of U.S. Supreme Court rulings compiled as of June 1979. Consideration for entrance to law school under special admissions program for disadvantaged persons; Disqualification of aliens with no intent of obtaining citizenship from public school teacher licensing; Blanket...
- Supreme Court Report. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Jun79, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p953
Presents several U.S. Supreme Court rulings compiled as of June 1979. Constitutional privilege of press members against inquiry into editorial processes; Gender-based classifications in adoption of illegitimate children; Prohibition against certification of aliens as public school teachers.
- The electronic library. // National Journal;5/17/97, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p1009
Announces the availability of United States Supreme Court decisions at the World Wide Web site.
- The Court's Opinion in Chicago Agency-Fee Case. // Education Week;3/12/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p14
The article presents the text of the majority opinion in Chicago Teachers Union v. Hudson delivered by Justice John Paul Stevens in the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Business Wins Another ADA Case. OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS' Staff // Occupational Hazards;Jul2002, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p17
Reports on the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court on a dispute concerning the Americans With Disabilities Act. Actions of a lower court on the disability status of a woman with an ergonomic injury; Decision of the court case Chevron versus Echazabal.
- Supreme Court: Petitions Not Private. // Information Management Journal;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court that the names of individuals who sign petitions should be made public which reportedly stemmed from a 2009 Washington state bill that expanded its domestic partnership law.
- EchoStar loses 'carry-all' appeal. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/18/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the decision of the Supreme Court concerning the case of broadcasters and EchoStars Communications Corp. in the U.S. Requirements imposed on satellite television companies; Claim of the company for the violation of the carry-one, carry-all law on the First Amendment; Provisions of...