West Coast Water Authority, Fla., picks underwriters for
- Merrill Lynch Life Group's 'A' (Excellent) Rating Put Under Review (Negative) By A.M. Best. // Insurance Advocate;3/10/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p32
Reports that A.M. Best Co. has placed the financial strength ratings of Merrill Lynch Life Insurance Co. and ML Life Insurance Company of New York under review. Decline in statutory capital and surplus; Ratings of the insurance companies.
- Big brokers eye smaller fry for hedge funds. Kelly, Bruce // Crain's New York Business;06/11/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p11
Reports on the plans of Merrill Lynch and Salomon Smith Barney for investors to participate in financial hedge funds in New York. Increase in the development of hedge funds; Amount of incentive for firms and brokers selling alternative investments; Operation of hedge funds through limited...
- Top stockbrokerage firms in the Tucson area. // Inside Tucson Business;01/03/2000 Book of Lists 2000, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p62
Lists the top stockbrokerage firms in Tucson, Arizona, ranked by the number of licensed local stockbrokers as of November 22, 1999. Includes Merrill Lynch & Co Inc.; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.
- WALL STREET'S HISTORIC REBUKE. Hahn, Avital Louria; Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/5/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p4
Following expected but arguably large penalties announced by government regulators as of May 2003, some question the ultimate utility of the penalties because they will be of such limited value to small investors, who were the victims of the tainted research.Government regulators imposed the...
- Freedom... Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p12
Commends on the decision of Merrill Lynch, Smith Barney and UBS to allow their brokers and clients the leave their firms more easily as of September 2004. Protocol for brokers and clients leaving the firms; Reasons behind the decision; Desire to see other firms adopt the new protocol.
- Brokerages Extend Hurricane Relief. Retkwa, Rosalyn // On Wall Street;Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the plan of brokerage firms in the U.S. to compensate their brokers in Florida for the production they lost during the 2004 four-hurricane whammy. Information on the hurricane relief fund established by Smith Barney Inc.; Actions being taken by Wachovia Securities LLC to help their...
- Merrill May Look to Buy More in '06. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jan2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the possible acquisition activity of investment management firms for the year 2006. Merrill Lynch will probably acquire another retail brokerage to fuel its growth. The action taken by Smith Barney to be able to be competitive against high-producing advisers is mentioned....
- Proprietary Funds Still Search for Success. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p18
Presents updates related to the status of the asset management industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Losses of Morgan Stanley company and Merrill Lynch company; Factor that influenced losses in the proprietary fund market; Success of brokerage firm Smith Barney.
- THE AMERICAS. // Global Finance;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p26
Presents news briefs on the corporate bond market in the United States as of November 2000. Increase in the issuance activity for September 2000; Information on the Global Broad Market Index of Merrill Lynch; Broad investment grade index introduced by Salomon Smith Barney.