- Appointments. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/15/2004, Vol. 61 Issue 14, p1422
Announces the appointments of Frederick H. Bender as director of Pharmacy Services at the Greenville Health Systems and Roger W. Anderson as senior vice president and chief pharmacist at Medco Health Solutions.
- WHO'S NEWS. // njbiz;5/24/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p24
Presents news briefs on the appointment of several executives in New Jersey as of May 24, 2004. Michael DeVito at Amper, Politziner & Mattia; Tracy Donofry at The Star Group; Roger W. Anderson at Medco Health Solutions.
- Ask your pharmacist. // Current Health 1;Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the functions of a pharmacist. Advising people regarding over-the-counter drugs; Preventing harmful drug combinations; Generic drugs; Types of cough medicines.
- Are there options when your license is suspended? Baker, Ken // Drug Topics;5/5/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p53
Discusses legal options for U.S. pharmacists whose licenses have been suspended in the state where they practice pharmacy. Pharmacy jobs which do not require a license; Need for developing a comprehensive plan for the immediate future; Importance of knowing and following rules.
- Thoughts on the ACP --ASIM position paper on pharmacist scope of practice. Woods, Mark; Milburn, Leigh A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p608
Reports on the position paper 'Pharmacist Scope of Practice' by the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine (ACP-ASIM) related to the role of two physician-based organizations. Thoughts shared by authors in the paper; Effect of pharmacy automation on pharmacy...
- R.Ph.s can make their way beyond traditional practice. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;11/7/94, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p43
Looks at the job of registered pharmacists. Diversity of customers and services; Experiences of various practitioners; Societies and organizations in the field.
- N.C. pharmacists now can bill for services. // Drug Topics;8/7/95, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p7
Reports that North Carolina registered pharmacists can bill third parties for services performed within their scope of practice, except for initial counseling required by state or federal law.
- Pro bono--these R.Ph.s go the extra mile for their patients. DeBenedette, Valerie // Drug Topics;10/7/96 Supplement, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p14S
Relates on the stories of two pharmacists who take extra steps in caring. Service on medical missions; Giving pharmacy goods for the fire and flood devastated families; Motivators of the good deeds.
- `The best, worst advice I've ever received as a pharmacist'. Klink, Barbara // Drug Topics;10/7/96 Supplement, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p29S
Focuses on a pharmacist's experiences with pharmacy-related advice. Effects of advice; Good-advice column; Examples of outrageous advice.