- Crime on the High Seas. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;10/14/2011, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p4
A quiz about the number of pirate crimes around the world is presented.
- Know the News. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;10/14/2011, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p4
A quiz about an article on the pirate Blackbeard in the October 14, 2011 issue of "Weekly Reader" is presented.
- What Price Skullduggery. Wallace, Don // Yachting;Oct2007, Vol. 202 Issue 4, p46
The article contains small pieces of information about pirates and piracy culled from other published sources.
- The Real Pirate Code. Roberts, Bartholomew "Black Bart" // Ask;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p26
The article discusses the rules included in the code of the pirate Bartholomew Roberts.
- Celebrating all things jolly and Roger-ly. Clubb, Shawn // Granite City Press-Record;9/21/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 73, pB1
A trivia quiz about pirates is presented.
- WHAT MAKES PIRACY WOIRK? Lunsford, Virginia // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2008, Vol. 134 Issue 12, p28
No abstract available.
- Eliminating High Seas Piracy. Terry, James P. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;2009 3rd Quarter, Issue 54, p116
The article focuses on the struggle against piracy which is depicted to be a subject of great concern in the U.S. It mentions that the establishment of the Combined Task Force 151 in January 2009 reflects the country and allied commitment to render a choke hold on movements of pirates in the...
- The Pirate Primer. Pelton, Robert Young // National Geographic Adventure;Sep2006, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p34
The article presents information on sea pirates. According to the author, piracy can be divided into two categories, commercial and private. It is reported that piracy has been recorded in all of the world's oceans but the majority of incidents occur in traditional danger zones such as...
- MODERN-DAY PIRATES. // Pacific Yachting;Jan2009, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p21
The article reports that the Gulf of Aden which runs between Yemen and Somalia was considered the pirate capital of the world. It is claimed that over 97 ships were being attacked in 2008, 40 of which were actually hijacked. A supertanker which carries $100 million worth of crude oil was...