Nothing succeeds like excess
- JOB LOSS AND HEALTH IN THE U.S. LABOR MARKET. STRULLY, KATE W. // Demography;May2009, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p221
While U.S. unemployment rates remain low, rates of job loss are high and rising. Job loss is also becoming increasingly common in more advantaged, white-collar occupations. This article is concerned with how these patterns impact the health of U.S. workers. Drawing on recent data from the U.S....
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Ferris, Craig T.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p2
Presents several news briefs related to economy in the United States as of January 16, 2003. Percentage decrease in core rate in December 2002; Percentage increase in business inventories in November 2002; Reference to a report on economic growth during mid-November 2002 to early January 2003...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Sancher, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p2
Presents several news briefs on the U.S. economy as of March 14, 2003. Percentage decrease in the sales of automobile retailers; Plans of the U.S. Department of the treasury to auction 91-day and 182-day discount bills; Percentage increase in Import Price Index in February.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Newman, Emily; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p2
Presents several news briefs on the U.S. economy as of March 17, 2003. Percentage increase in producer price index in February; Percentage increase in business inventories in January; Percentage increase in inventory production in February.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31598, p2
Presents several news briefs on the U.S. economy as of March 21, 2003. Decrease in applications for state unemployment benefits for the week ended March 15; Percentage decrease in composite index of leading economic indicators in February; Plans of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to auction...
- News In Brief: Beige Book: Economy Soft . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/17/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31306, p2
Reports on the economic conditions of the United States as of January 17, 2002. States in which economic activity is slow or week.
- Indiana, Michigan, and Nebraska Address Their Futures. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31306, p25
Reports on the plans of states Indiana, Michigan and Nebraska to address their economic conditions as of January 17, 2002. Governor of Nebraska Mike Johanns' proposed changes to the state's budget; Governor of Indiana Frank O'Bannon's balanced budget plans; Factors affecting Michigan's economy.
- News In Brief: Trade Deficit Declines in Nov. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p2
Presents several news briefs related to the U.S. economy as of January 22, 2002. Percentage trade deficit in November 2001; Goods deficit and services surplus in October 2001; Percentage decrease in imports in October 2001.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT. // Bond Buyer;9/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31472, p2
Reports the economic condition in the U.S.