Nationwide Wave of Disappointing Tax Collections Finally Breaks Over Northeast
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Vekshin, Alison; McKaig, Ryan; Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p37
Reports developments in the U.S. as of May 2002. Selection of Anthony Williams to the position of deputy mayor for operations; Proposal for tax increase; Decline of revenue.
- Governors opine on boosting revenue by lowering taxes. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;4/10/95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p17
Comments on the efforts of American bureaucrats to increase revenues by lowering the taxes. Taxpayers' modification of economic activities to minimize taxes; Personal impact of the trade deficits.
- At Issue. Bradley, Bill; Conable Jr., Barber B. // ABA Journal;Jul84, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p12
Reports on developments concerning tax reforms in the U.S. Types of taxes; Enactment of the fair tax bill also known as the Bradley-Gephardt bill; Aims of the fair tax bill; Implications on the tax code and the amount of revenue raised by the existing system; Pros and cons of the proposed tax bill.
- Revenue Growth Decline Could Be a Harbinger. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p5
Reports on tax revenues in the United States for the third quarter of 2000. Overall state tax collections; Performance of the municipal bond market participants; Importance of monitoring sales tax revenues.
- TECHNICAL SESSION ON SUBSTANTIVE TAX REFORM. Galvin, Dean Charles O.; Willis, Arthur B.; Robbins, Gary Allan // Tax Lawyer;Fall68, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p27
Comments on the issues concerning the effect of the amendment of tax laws on revenue in the United States. Relationship between lawyers and economists; Conceptualization of a pure theory of income; Reduction in tax rates.
- States Sustain Strong Revenue Growth. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30995, p4
Reports on the tax revenues taken by state governments in the United States in 1999. Leading states in tax collections; Reliance on specific taxes.
- Census Study: State Tax Revenues Rose 8% in 2000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p4
Reports on the results of a study conducted by the United States Census Bureau which found out that state tax revenues rose in 2000. Total amount in tax revenues generated in 2000; Percentage rise in state tax revenues in 2000 as compared to that of 1999; Factors attributing to the rise in...
- The time is ripe for tax restructuring. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p16
Editorial. Comments on the need for tax restructuring in the United States. Establishment of property assessment process; Guarantee of equitable and adequate system for government funds; Need for households and business owners to share the tax burden .
- Tax revenue grows. // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p8
Reveals that tax revenues of states in the United States have increased 6.9 percent in fiscal 1998. Number of states that have collected more tax money that expected; Factors that contributed to the increase in tax revenue.