D.C.'s Proposed Water Plan May Prime the Bond Pump
- N.J. Agency to Vote on Bans for Tunnel. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30503, p24
Reports that the South Jersey Transportation Authority board is expected to vote to allow the agency to issue bond anticipation notes for upcoming construction projects. Proposed funding for the construction of a tunnel linking the Atlantic City Expressway with Mirage Resorts proposed casino...
- MassPike prices bonds in final big sale for Central Artery. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p35
Focuses on the bond sales by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to finance the Central Artery/Tunnel project in Boston. Syndicate contracted to lead the bond issuance; Rating of the bonds; Potential problems in the bond sales.
- Miami-Dade Selling $102.5M for Tunnel Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32862, p4
The article reports on the sale of $102.5 million of general obligation bonds by Miami-Dade County to fund its first payment toward the $1.2 billion Port of Miami tunnel project, a portion of largest public-private partnership in Florida. Public Financial Management was selected as the county's...
- Officials Steps Closer to Picking Firm for Miami Port Tunnel. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32605, p32
The article reports on the statement of Florida Department of Transportation expert that the three teams who vye for the Port of Miami's $1.2 billion tunnel project concession submitted comprehensive financial proposals. The proposals include provisional allocations for private-activity bonds,...
- DC Water Goes Long With Century Bonds. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;7/1/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34135, p1
The article informs that the District of Columbia Water & Sewer Authority is planning to issue 300 million U.S dollars of taxable fixed rate green bonds with a 100-year final maturity. The amount generated from the issuance will finance a portion of the Clean Rivers Project, under which tunnels...
- DC Water and Sewer Authority To Close On Historic Deal. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;7/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34146, p1
The article focuses on the plans of the Washington, D.C.'s Water and Sewer Authority for the closure of the 450 million U.S. dollars of debt as of July 2014. Topics discussed include plans to close taxable century bond issuance and tax-exempt deal, support of Mark Kim, authority's chief...
- New Jammu Udhampur highway assures safe, smooth and efficient journey. Mhapralkar, Bhushan // Commercial Vehicle;Oct2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p86
The article focuses on the four-lane Jammu Udhampur highway in India, a project of the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) that was awarded to conglomerate company Shapoorji Pallonji Group. Topics include the challenges faced by the project, the construction of bridges, viaducts and...
- Chinese wind tunnel facility. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/29/85, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p55
The People's Republic of China is preparing to build a large transonic wind tunnel at the Chinese Aeronautical Research & Development Center northwest of Chengdu and may be interested in making the effort a joint project, possibly with the Europeans.
- Linking Europe to Africa. Hughes, Barrie // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug95, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the plan to implement a three-billion-pound project to link Spain and Morocco by rail tunnel. Features of project; Consideration of the geology of the Strait of Gibraltar; Provision of technical advice by British consulting engineers Halcrow.