Interest Rate Swaps Growing in Popularity Among HFAs
- California HFA tests market with novel swap structure. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p1
Reports on the California Housing Finance Agency's execution of an interest rate swap on 85 million dollars in amortized home mortgage revenue bonds. Structure of the deal; Use of derivatives in debt management.
- Neb. HFA Eyes Swap Safety. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33433, p1
The article reports on the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA's) move that aimed at helping the authority manage swap risk in Nebraska. It states that NIFA faces a potential problem with debt that is hedged with interest-rate swaps and prepares two-part sale to aid manage swap risk. A...
- New York Start4e HFA Lines Up Possible Swap for $310M Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32040, p1
The article reports that the New York State Housing Finance Agency (HFA) has lined up a possible fixed-to-floating interest rate swap, following Governor George Pataki's plan to do up to $ 1 billion of the deals on state-supported debt this fiscal year. The agency last week confirmed that it...
- Penn. HFA's Historic Year. cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p1
The article reports that the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (HFA) has sold a record amount of single-family housing debt in 2004, relying on interest rate swaps, more aggressive marketing, and increased networking to help it battle with commercial mortgage lenders. The Pennsylvania HFA sold...
- Proposed accounting for interest rate swaps. Wilson, Arlette C.; Smith, G. Robert // CPA Journal;Oct96, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p54
Proposes an accounting method for interest rate swaps. Effect of the proposed exposure draft made by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) on hedging and financial instruments; Illustration of the proposed accounting; Evaluation of the proposed accounting.
- Yield Reversals and the Yin-Yang Trap: A Note on Time Valuation and Interest Rate Swaps. Bowden, Roger J. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Jun92, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Derives the time value function for an interest rate swap. Reversals in the term structure of interest rates from inverted to normal; Profitability loss in unmatched swaps books.
- New risks revealed. Wilson, Arlette C.; Smith Jr., G. Robert // National Public Accountant;Jul96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on interest rate swaps. Definition; Entering into a swap; Mark to market technique; Companies' reasons for entering into interest rate swaps.
- 'HIDDEN' COSTS: A CASE STUDY OF BANK BORROWING AND INTEREST RATE SWAPS. Johnson, Christian A. // Banking Law Journal;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p927
Presents a case study on the consequences of a loan prepayment for middle-income borrowers followed by an early termination of the interest rate swap. Agreement between Smithville Church and Dealer Bank on a standard documentation for an interest rate swap; Authorization of Dealer Bank to...
- Caps or swaps? Shay, Rodger // America's Community Banker;Jul97, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on interest rate swaps. Computation for interest rate swaps; Proper use of swaps; Comparison between fixed or floating swaps; Risks associated with swaps.