New Hampshire Panels Reach Budget Deal, Look to Schools
- NIFA Report Released: Full Coverage on Web. // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p2
Announces the release of the Nassau Interim Finance Authority's review of Nassau County, New York's proposed 2001 budget on October 2, 2000.
- Cook County Passes Budget Containing $500 Million of GOs. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p44
Reports on Cook County, Illinois' 2001 budget. Hospital and courthouse projects financed by general obligation bonds; Parking tax.
- What Volume Slump? Globally Speaking, Public Finance Is on Fire. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p6
Reports on the volume of public finance by provincial and local governments in 2000. Preliminary information compiled by Thomson Financial Securities Data; Benefits from steady worldwide economic improvement.
- Short on Funds, Nevada May Tap Bond Interest, Alter Debt Service. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31366, p1
Reports on the plan of Nevada officials for the multimillion-dollar budget shortfall in San Francisco, California. Use of interest earned from bonds; Establishment of debt service agreement; Transfer of unclaimed property fund to general fund.
- Deed of Arrangement- Payment of Dividends. // Accountancy;Oct70, Vol. 81 Issue 926, p732
Reports on the 1970 National Budget proposals in New Zealand. Wife allowance; Dividend income for residents; Special depreciation allowances.
- Missed Opportunities. // Business News New Jersey;07/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p14
Editorial. Comments on the increase in the budget of New Jersey for the fiscal year 2001. Increase in debt payment; Promise of New Jersey's administration that the budget will lighten the burden of state government on the public; State Senator John Lynch voting against the budget; Lynch's...
- Proposed Balanced Budget Amendment. // Congressional Digest;Oct82, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p227
Explains proposed amendments to Congressional debates over balancing the budget in the United States. Attitudes of Congressional members toward Federal fiscal policy; Differences over program spending levels.
- Evolution of Federal Budget Policy. // Congressional Digest;Oct82, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p228
Presents changes in the federal budget policy in the United States from the post-Civil War period to the 1970s. Controversy created by the revenue raising and protectionist role of tariffs in the decades following the Civil War; Deficit financing issues that dominated the Great Depression;...
- Action in the Current Congress. // Congressional Digest;Oct82, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p229
Focuses on the progress of a number of proposed balanced budget amendments in the United States Congress. Amendments which are rejected; Passage of a resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution altering Federal budget procedures.
- The Budget Process. // Congressional Digest;Oct82, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p231
Describes the process of establishing the budget in the United States. Requirement for the President to submit to the Congress his budget for the fiscal year beginning in October; Factors on which the mode of Congressional Action will depend.