FOMC Overshadows All Else This Week
- Monetary policy and open market operations during 1993. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Spring94, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p54
Discusses various aspects of monetary policy and open market operations in 1993, as adapted from a report prepared by the Open Market Group of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and submitted to the Federal Open Market Committee by Joan E. Lovett, Manager of the System Open Market.
- Federal Open Market Committee Plays Major Role in Monetary Policy. // Financial Update;Jan-Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the role of the Federal Open Market Committee in crafting monetary policy in the United States.
- FEDERAL RESERVE 'DEFENSIVE' BEHAVIOR AND THE REVERSE CAUSATION ARGUMENT. Lombra, Raymond E.; Torto, Raymond G. // Southern Economic Journal;Jul73, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p47
This paper argues that the Federal Reserve's "defensive" open market operations (hereafter OMO), in part, accommodated increases in the demand for money during the test period used by Andersen-Jordan (1953-68) and that as a result of such behavior by the monetary authorities the monetary base...
- THE STRATEGY OF OPEN MARKET OPERATIONS. Guttentag, Jack M. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb66, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p1
Addresses academic criticisms on the procedures used in open market operations. Concept of an open market strategy; Description of the money market strategy used during the period 1953-1960; Comparison of proposals for a complete strategy.
- Reserve requirements and the discount window in recent... Meulendyke, Ann-Marie // Quarterly Review (01476580);Autumn92, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p25
Discusses information about the basic tools of monetary policy. Review of open market operations; Roles of reserve requirements in the monetary policy; History of the reserve requirements; The Monetary Control Act and reserve requirements in the 1980s; Role of the discount window in policy...
- Forecasting Inflation and Growth: Do Private Forecasts Match Those of Policymakers? Gavin, William T.; Mandal, Rachel J. // Review (00149187);May/Jun2001, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p11
Examines the role of inflation and economic growth forecasts in the monetary policy process in the United States. Use of alternative forecasts in a version of the Taylor rule, a characterization of monetary policy actions; Comparison between the Federal Open Market Committee and Blue Chip...
- China's capability to control its exchange rate. LU, Ding // China Economic Review (1043951X);Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p343
This paper discusses the Chinese monetary authority''s capability to control the exchange rate of the Renminbi (RMB) by reviewing the key features of China''s currency exchange regime. It highlights the fact that this regime not only allows the monetary authority to affect the range of exchange...
- The Economy in Perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct94, p1
States that a classic battle over monetary policy is being fought between Main Street and Wall Street. Wall Street's push for accelerated inflation; Main Street's concern about jobs and economic growth; Role of Federal Reserve; Strong economy due to market-oriented system; Importance of...
- Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2001, p4
Focuses on the monetary policy. Efforts of the Federal Open Market Committee in lowering the intended fund rate at 25 basis points; Risk of capital spending; Approval from the Reserve Bank in reduction of discount rates at three percent.