A Wave of Desalinization Plants Starts to Sweep Florida
- Firms wait for Ras Laffan independent water project. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/28/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that companies are waiting for tender documents for the independent water project (IWP) at Ras Laffan Industrial City in Qatar.
- PABs Sought for California Desalination Plant. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/13/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33249, p4
The article reports that the Poseidon Resources has requested 350 million dollars worth of private-activity bond allocation (PAB) from the California Debt Limit Allocation Committee for the construction of a desalination plant in San Francisco, California.
- The desert blooms with power and water from Al Taweelah B. Jopp, Klaus // Modern Power Systems;Jul95 Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the construction of the power and desalination plant in Al Taweelah in the United Arab Emirates. Personnel recruitment; Cost of the construction project; Operations of the plant; Data on technical parameters.
- The 12 MIGD multistage flash distillation units. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95 Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p11
Features the flash distillation desalination units commissioned at the Al Taweelah B power generation and water plant in the United Arab Emirates. Challenges in the design; Dimensions of stages; Control techniques.
- Control system strategy and operation modes. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95 Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p19
Features the structure of the control system and operation modes at the Al Taweelah B power and desalination plant in the United Arab Emirates. Selection of the modes of operations; Twin-mode changeover switches; Operations of the condensate isolating valves.
- Control and instrumentation of the Al Taweelah power and desalination plant. Krause, H.; Hanke, G. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95 Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p22
Features the control and instrumentation systems of the Al Taweelah B power and desalination plant in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Use of the Contronic process control system supplied by Hartmann and Braun; Advanced control algorithms used; Features of the Contronic Plant Management System...
- Britain's fresh water source. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Apr97, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p8
Reports on Southern Water PLC's plan to build a saline water conversion plant in Great Britain.
- BAHRAIN. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/29/2013 National Winners, p31
The article profiles the Replacement of Steam Turbo Generators project at the No. 2 Power Plant in Sitra, Bahrain, which won the MEED Quality Award for Projects' best power and water desalination project of the year in Bahrain in 2013, engineered by consulting firm Technip.
- Private ownership share up in desalination projects. // Processing (08968659);Feb2014 Supplement Water/Waste Processing, p23
The article focuses on the report from market research firm Bluefield Research which stresses the increase in the private ownership share in desalination projects between 2014-2018.