House Appropriations OKs $59.1 Billion for Projects
- Appropriators kill STB fee plan; cut FHWA, FAA. Barnes, David // Traffic World;6/17/96, Vol. 246 Issue 12, p12
Reports on actions of the Transportation Appropriations Subcommittee of the House of Representatives on proposed transportation-related bills. Rejection of the proposed funding of the Surface Transportation Board through new user fees; Rejection of Federal Highway Administration's request for...
- Shuster gives his views on renewing ISTEA. // Traffic World;5/6/96, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p11
Reports that when the House reauthorizes the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act in 1997 in the United States, the Intelligent Transportation Systems and metropolitan planning organizations will be under scrutiny. Comments from Bud Shuster, the House Transportation Committee...
- Keeping America Moving. Cummings, Elijah E. // Traffic World;3/17/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 11, p29
Focuses on the proposed reauthorization of the U.S. Transportation Equity Act (TEA). Aim of creating jobs, improving highways, launching a transit renaissance and eliminating urban traffic congestion; Total budget; Role of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in the TEA...
- House D.C. budget panel drops two bond-related provisions. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30233, p1
Reports that the US House Appropriations Subcommittee reversed two key bond-related provisions that were granted to Washington, D.C. in a federal revitalization plan. Subcommittee's approval on the $4.155 billion fiscal 1998 budget that prohibits the city from financing any of its cash deficit...
- House subcommittee passes D.C. budget without the trimmings. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/27/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30443, p5
Reports that the House Appropriations Committee's District of Columbia subcommittee approved a fiscal 1999 budget for the Washington, D.C. Inclusion of no federal funds for management reform or infrastructure improvements; Amount appropriated for designing a subway station entrance to serve a...
- Projects are approved. // San Diego Business Journal;06/30/97, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p14
Reports on June 30, 1997, that several area transportation projects were approved by the United States House Subcommittee on Transportation Appropriations. Details on how the money in the appropriations bill was assigned to the projects.
- Blacks Decry Aid To Princecille, NC, Blocked By House Republicans. // Jet;03/27/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 16, p24
Reports that the United States Republican House Appropriation Committee removed budget funds, which had been set aside by President Bill Clinton for flood relief to Princeville, North Carolina.
- The fight for freedom on major policy fronts. Tiahrt, Todd // Hill;6/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 69, p21
The article focuses on the efforts of the author, who is a Republican member of the U.S. House Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services and Education and Related Agencies, and other Republicans on protecting individual liberties that would allow Americans to keep more of...
- Earmark scofflaws get pass. Allen, Jared // Hill;4/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the likelihood of the House Appropriations Committee to consider the failure of members to meet the deadline to post their earmark requests to post an active link on congressional websites in the U.S.