NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of May 2002. Auction of four-week bills by the Department of Treasury; Details on economic growth of Philadelphia; Calls for an extraordinary session on budget crisis.
- The U.S. Treasury will buy. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/ 7/2014, pA02
The U.S. Treasury will buy back debt to test its computer infrastructure's ability to handle such transactions. It's the 1st time Treasury has taken such a step since '02. It's commonly done in order to enhance bond market liquidity in a time of declining budget deficits.
- News in brief. Kruger, Daniel; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30798, p2
Focuses on developments related to the bond market in the United States, current as of December 30, 1999. Includes projected budget deficit of Nassau County, New York for the fiscal year 2000; Increase in the composite index of leading economic indicators in November 1999.
- U.S. Posts Aug. Deficit of $76.5 Billion. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31722, p2
Reports on the estimated budget deficit for the month of August 2003 posted by the U.S. Treasury Department in Washington. Comparison of the estimated deficit with the deficit projected by economist; Total personal income tax receipts.
- December's $80B Deficit Comes In on the Low Side. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/13/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33450, p2
The article offers information on a report by the U.S. Treasury Department of 80 billion dollars deficit in December 2010, lower than the economists' expected budget deficit which is 85 billion dollars.
- U.S. Posts $135.9B Deficit in May, Less Than Expected. Temple-West, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/11/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 22, p10
The article relates the report made by the U.S. Department of the Treasury which revealed that the federal government posted a 135.9 billion dollar deficit in May 2010, which is said to be the 20th consecutive monthly budget deficit for the state.
- U.S. Government Ran $17.5 Billion Deficit in January. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;2/12/2015, Vol. 1, p22
The article reports on the total value of budget deficit incurred by the U.S. government in January 2015 based on data from the U.S. Treasury Department, and compares the deficit to the January 2014 figures.
- November Deficit Down 9% From a Year Ago. Hume, Lynn; Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;12/13/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33631, p2
The article reports on the nine percent budget deficit decrease as reported by the Treasury Department in the U.S.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33187, p2
The article offers news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. According to a report from the Conference Board, the composite index of leading economic indicators (LEI) has increased by 0.6% in August 2009. The Treasury Department's three-month discount bills in 2009 incurred a 0.100% high...