CIMC: a brief background
- ENTER THE STEEL DRAGON. Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;7/7/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5136, p62
Features trailer manufacturer China International Marine Containers (CIMC). Potential effects of the expansion of CIMC on Great Dane and Wabash; Standards of the company's trailers; Projected trailer units to be produced by the company in 2005; Competitive advantage of the company.
- Still Fired Up. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;8/18/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p15
Highlights challenges in doing business in China. Studies published in 'Knowledge@Wharton' on the business climate in the country; China International Marine Containers Corp.'s strategy to overcome business challenges; Risk of investing in China's manufacturing sector.
- Chinese alliance to revive UK vessel maker. // Professional Engineering;3/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the formation of alliance between vessel maker UBH and China International Marine Containers Corp. Terms of the alliance; Benefits of the partnership.
- The B team: International financial centers don't have foreign equity ghettos. // China Economic Review (13506390);Oct2012, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on China's exchanges for Class-B shares. It cites that there were low trading volumes for Shanghai, China's B shares. Electronics maker Tsann Kuen (China) Enterprise was reported to be almost booted out from the Shenzhen Stock Exchange as a result of the new rules on...
- Fast start in parts. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p46
Reports on the establishment of Vanguard National Trailer Corp. of its presence in the aftermarket in 2005. Decision of the company on constructing a parts distribution center in a warehouse; Advantages of being the North American aftermarket parts marketing division of China International...
- Global trailer manufacturing. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2009, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses the plan being implemented by China International Marine Containers (CIMC) to produce refrigerated trailers in Qingdao, China and sell them in the global market, specifically into Europe and North America. It describes the similarity of the concept to the company's...
- Putting the pieces together. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2009, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses how CIMC starts the production of reefers and dry freights at its trailer plant in Qingdao, China and finishes the products at an assembly line at Vanguard National plant in Monon, Indiana. It describes Vanguard National's use of the same line for producing dry-freight vans...
- Monâ‚¬y. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2004, p2
This article focuses on the world's biggest box manufacturer, China International Marine Containers Ltd., that has reported a massive 213.23% net profit hike for the first nine months of this year to RMBl 78Bn. Turnover also climbed 85.09% to RMB18.56Bn over the same period, while the company...
- 53-foot reefer. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2009, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p72
The article evaluates the CIMC R8000 refrigerated trailer from CIMC and Direct Chassis.