Sapa Extrusions' Cressona PA facility plans to add 3,600-ton extrusion press
- Diamond rebuilding sheet extrusion dies. // Plastics News;10/3/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p12
The article reports that extruder maker Diamond America Corp. has introduced a sheet coextrusion system and launched a service to rebuild extrusion dies. Diamond America makes all the components. The sheet line includes two custom-designed extruders. One has a screw diameter of 2 inches and a...
- Guill dies produce two-polymer profiles. // Plastics News;10/3/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p12
The article reports that Guill Tool & Engineering Co. Inc.'s Series 224 extrusion crossheads and dies can produce thermoset profiles with two polymers. The dies are designed for parts measuring 4 feet by 8 feet and larger. Sales manager Bill Conley said that the crossheads and dies could boost...
- Sapa pitches in to build homes in Haiti. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2010, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that Sapa Extrusions-North America will be sponsoring non-profit U.S. charity, Raincatchers for the construction of new houses for 500 Haitian people.
- Lightweight extrusion for framing. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct97, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p280
Presents the MiniTec equipment which offers an extrusion for framing with a high-strength-to-weight ratio. Dimensions; Features; Applications; Manufacturer; Contact information.
- Compounding & mixing. Knights, Mikell // Plastics Technology;May97, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p73
Presents twin-screw compounding extruders that push screw speeds and output rates above the levels of most available models in the showcase of NPE '97. Mega Compounder of Werner & Pfleiderer Corporation; ZSK 75 UltraTorque machine; Droppo pelletizing systems from Rieter Corporation; Three-roll...
- Weigh-feed control for low outputs. // Plastics Technology;May95, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p65
Features the LCI Smarthopper, a gravimetric extrusion machine from the Fluid Systems Division of LCI Corp. which has a 0.1 cubic foot capacity and is suitable for laboratory use or low-output production.
- Web guide for clear, opaque webs. // Plastics Technology;May95, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p65
Features a temperature-stabilized ultrasonic sensor from Fife Corp. with a gap of 1.4 inches and a control range of 0.4 inch and can be used for single-edge or center guiding of opaque webs.
- Low-pressure screen changer. // Plastics Technology;May95, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p66
Reports on Kobe Steel Ltd.'s development of a screen changer for polyethylene and polypropylene post-reactor extrusion which gives lower pressure drop and allows easier screen changing compared to other designs. Machine features; Available models.
- More news in brief. // Plastics Technology;Dec95, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p39
Presents various equipment and supplies related to the extrusion process. Blown film line for diapers from Dolci Extrusion SpA of Italy; Features of the WDP20-700z center winder from Alpine; Coex film gauging and line control; Unveiling of MM55-COx system by Infrared Engineering.