ATA Truck Tonnage Index dips 0.2% in October 2009
- US truck tonnage rises slightly in February. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;May2012, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p43
The article reports on the slight increase to U.S. for-hire truck tonnage in February with 0.5% after a 4.6% decline in January based from the American Trucking Associations (ATA) Inc.
- DASHBOARD. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;May2011, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p37
The article offers news briefs related to the freight industry in Canada and the U.S. The Canadian Freight Index of Transcore shows increase in the spot market freight in Canada in March, 2011. The cost of ground transportation for Canadian shippers remain steady in February 2011 according to...
- Freight tonnage rises in October. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;11/19/2014, p4
The article reports that according to the advanced seasonally adjusted For-Hire Truck Tonnage Index of the American Trucking Association (ATA), freight tonnage had risen slightly in October 2014. It notes that the index was the second highest level on record after August 2014, compared with...
- Carriers envision rate increases as tonnage rises. // Fleet Owner Blog;9/25/2013, p12
The article presents a report from the American Trucking Association (ATA) about the truck tonnage increase in August 2013. According to the ATA report, the advanced seasonally adjusted (SA) For-Hire Truck Tonnage Index has increased by 1.6 percent from its 0.6 percent drop in July 2013. The...
- Tonnage index up slightly in October. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p16
The article reports the increase in the seasonally adjusted for-hire Truck Tonnage Index of the American Trucking Associations in October 2005. Statistical information is given on the percentage index increase.
- Tonnage index drops in August. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p46
The article reports that the advanced seasonally adjusted ForHire Truck Tonnage Index of the American Trucking Associations has decreased 0.8 percent in July 2007. The not-seasonally adjusted index increased 8.2 percent from July to 120.1. On a seasonally adjusted basis, the tonnage index...
- Tonnage index dips in October. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2007, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the For-Hire Truck Tonnage Index which is said to have declined 0.3% in October 2007. It says that the 2007 reduction could be the biggest annual drop since a 5.2% decrease in 2000. According to American Trucking Associations (ATA) chief economist Bob Costello, the tonnage...
- ATA truck tonnage index rose 1.1% in May. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;6/24/2015, p8
The article reports that there has been a 1.1 percent increase in the advanced seasonally adjusted (SA) For-Hire Truck Tonnage Index of American Trucking Associations (ATA) in May 2015, with the index equaled 132.1, after a revised loss of 1.4 percent in April 2015. Topics discussed include 1.8...
- Trucking activity rises in May. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/18/2014, pA02
The American Trucking Assn.'s Truck Tonnage Index grew 1% after a 0.9% rise in April. It was the 4th straight monthly increase. The index is just 1% shy of its all-time high. On the year, it's up 3.4%.