Economic recovery begins; truck freight growth lags
- Positive signs for trailer industry. WEBER, RICK // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2013, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p28
The article features Eric Starks, president of FTR Associates and offers his outlook for the trailer industry in the U.S. in 2013. According to Starks, the trailer total capacity utilization averaged at 90%. The increase in class 8 truck orders in North America in December 2012 is cited. The...
- Is your chin strap buckled? Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p38
The article presents the outlook of Stu MacKay, president of MacKay & Co. and Eric Starks, president of FTR Associates, on the U.S. economy and its impact on the truck and trailer industry. MacKay emphasizes that the U.S. economy is still in the recovery phase, not in the expansion phase. MacKay...
- What's the forecast? SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p55
The article discusses future trends in the trucking and truck trailers industries, as presented at the annual transportation conference hosted by FTR, an American freight analysis and forecasting company. Several presenters at the conference weighed in on issues facing the trucking industry...
- Class 8 Orders in 2014 Are Second-Highest Ever: FTR. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;1/7/2015, p1
The article discusses the freight transportation report issued by FTR Associates which reveals the total Class 8 truck orders for 2014, the preliminary December Class 8 truck net orders, and the increase in the 2015 orders of fleets as they aim to reserve trucks for future deliveries.
- Strengthening freight might lead to higher truck, trailer sales in 2011. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p9
The article reports on the projection by FTR Associates, which claimed that the improving economic activity, if sustained, could result in higher truck rates and stronger financial performance for truckers in 2010 and better truck and trailer sales in 2011.
- Trailer market 'very healthy'. Starks, Eric // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2014, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the expected decline in truck trailer production in the U.S. predicted by FTR Associates president Eric Starks. Topics covered include the demand for different truck equipment type such as dry van, reefer van and flatbed and description of activities in the truck equipment...
- FTR Associates' Starks says pent-up demand could create some upside in the second half of 2013. WEBER, RICK // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;6/1/2013, p27
The article reports on the "Trailer Industry Update and Outlook" prepared by Eric Starks, president of FTR Associates. The report shows that the trailer total capacity utilization is at 90%, which suggests that only replacements are needed until the later part of 2013. Starks added that trailers...
- How the game is changing. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p32
An introduction to the Heavy Duty Dialogue 2011 held in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 17, 2011 which gathered speakers to identify trends in the truck and trailer industry, is presented.
- CALENDAR. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p53
A calendar of events related to the truck and trailer industry from March to November 2011 is presented, including the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Kentucky, the Commercial Vehicle Show in Birmingham, England and Trailer 2011 trade fair in Belgium.