TDMA Isn't Going Away
- TDMA reaches 61 million. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the increase in the number of subscribers to time division multiple access at the end of 2000.
- Triple-Digit TDMA Growth. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p20
Reports on a study by the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium on the growth of the time division multiple access (TDMA) technology. Triple-digit growth in North America and Latin America; Total number of subscribers worldwide.
- Creating the ultimate crossbar. Hughes, Phil; Stewart, Alan // America's Network;09/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p104
Discusses several issues from the aspect of designing a technology for high-bandwidth and time division multiplexed communication network. Methods in switching telecommunications traffic through a multiplexed network; Important characteristics of ring architectures in telecommunication;...
- UWCC works to promote TDMA in China. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p49
Reports on the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium's (UWCC) meeting with Chinese government officials to promote Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) technology. Likelihood that China will open up its telecommunications market; Consortium's team-up with the North American GSM Alliance...
- Future satellite applications: Is the writing on the wall? O'Rourke, Steve; Hartshorn, David // Satellite Communications;Aug99, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the very small aperture terminal (VSAT) technology. Star time division multiple access (TDMA) terminals deployed globally; What country dominates the market; Dominant protocol in VSAT networks; List of broadband satellite systems; Details on the Spaceway project of Hughes Electronics.
- When Evaluating IP Telephony Options, Choose Choice. Hashimoto, Shuichi // Business Communications Review;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p20
Examines the value of the Internet Protocol (IP) to the communications industry of the United States. Difficulties posed by the implementation of IP; Advantages of time-division multiplexing technology; Suggestions for choosing IP telephony options.
- New developments expand TDMA network capacity. Mastro, Peter // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p53
Reports on advancements in wireless communications as of February 2000 benefiting time division multiple access (TDMA) operators in the United States in terms of network capacity and capabilities. Signal strength adjustment to reduce interference and save energy; Channel allocation flexibility;...
- A new vision. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on how incumbent and new telecommunications carriers are starting to share similar views on what sort of technologies would drive telecommunications networks of the future. Difference in network capabilities, options and preferences between the two camps; Asynchronous transfer mode;...
- GAIT to open GSM-TDMA door. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the efforts to advance GAIT--GSM ANSI Interoperability Team,a network standard which unite global system for mobile communication and time-division multiple access technologies. How the technology operates; Manufacturers involved in the project;Benefits of GAIT.