Ramping Up A Summer Slump
- Nokia rings in the profits, Ericsson hits loss. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;1/30/2002, Issue 2037, p6
Reports on the financial performance of telecommunication firms, Nokia and Ericsson in year 2001. Increase in the sales of Nokia; Business loss of Ericsson.
- Strong phone sales boost Nokia, Ericsson numbers. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p7
Highlights the financial performance of Ericsson Inc. of Sweden and Nokia Corp. of Finland. Profits; Net income; Increase in operating profits and sales of Nokia Mobile Phones; Operating income of Ericsson's Network Operators unit.
- Nokia vs. Ericsson. Lee, Jeanne // Money;Apr2001, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p40B
Examines the potential of wireless communications stocks, as of April, 2001. Perceived fears within the industry of slowing growth of handset sales and the delayed buildout of next-generation networks; Comparison of Nokia to Ericsson; Opinion that Nokia, which dominates the networking-equipment...
- BUSINESS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Nov2007, p4
This section offers news briefs on the telecommunications industry. Sweden-based Ericsson announced that it expects to post sales of 43.5 billion kronor (ï¿½4.75 billion) in the third quarter of 2007, down 9% compared to its second quarter sales. Nokia announced a better-than-expected...
- GETTING THE MESSAGE. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;5/7/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p58
Focuses on the Wireless Village project of Ericsson AB, Nokia Oyj and Motorola Incorporated. Aim of the project; Concern of developers working on wireless text and multimedia messaging technology; Likely result if the work is successful.
- Spoilt for choice. Els, Frik // Finance Week;3/29/2002, p55
Focuses on the business operations of several cellphone manufacturers. Ability of Nokia to anticipate consumer fads; Merger of the cellphone business between Ericsson and Sony; Introduction of the T68, the first color display phone for GSM market. INSET: Objects of desire..
- The big squeeze. Groenewald, Anneli; Morris, Anne // Total Telecom Magazine;Nov2008, p14
This article analyzes the impact of market volatility on telecommunication companies in 2008. It discusses the effects of the global financial crisis on financial results of operators in the third quarter of the year. It cites decreases in net profits of Nokia and Ericsson. It suggests that...
- Infrastructure Awards. // RCR Wireless News;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p22
Presents a list of contracts awarded to several international wireless telecommunication companies in February 2004. Ericsson; Motorola; Nokia; Siemens.
- Movements. // Wireless Asia;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p10
Presents news updates in the telecommunication industry as of February 2003. Nokia Corp.'s launch of its N-Gage mobile gaming platform; Ericsson Inc.'s naming of Carl-Henric Svanberg as chief executive officer.