Hearing Aids For The Digital Era
- Cincinnati Bell revenue up 16% in 2Q thanks to wireless/data. // RBOC Update;Sep99, p4
Reports on the increase in Cincinnati Bell Inc.'s revenue in the second quarter of 1999. Role of the wireless and data services businesses in the revenue increase; Percentage increase in operating margin; Comparison with the 1997 and 1998 revenue.
- Prepaid Subs Shop Online. // Wireless Week;01/01/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the launching of a mobile commerce trial program for the prepaid subscribers of Cincinnati Bell Wireless in the first quarter of 2001. Benefits of the program; Renewal of the company's contract with Boston Communications Group Inc.
- Shopping for Phones. Hamlin, Lise // Hearing Loss Magazine;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p38
The article offers information on the latest phone for the people who wish to buy a new phone by making a proper investment. The author highlights the features of the phones which includes mobile, captioned, and specialty phones that are more useful and useable for people with hearing loss. It...
- App Up the Volume. SPANGLER, CARRIE // ASHA Leader;10/1/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p32
The article offers information on several free applications that can be used by people with hearing loss including Book Creator for iPad by Red Jumper Studio, TuneWiki Lyrics Inc. application, and Smart Voice Recorder application.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Exceptional Parent;Oct2012, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p9
The article presents reviews of several products, including the iPod Based SoundPOD mobile communication device for people with disabilities from Forbes Rehab Services, Inc., the iGuy stand for the iPad computer tablet from Speck, and Jumbo Beeswax Crayons by Faber-Castell.
- Sophisticated--Yet Simple--Apps for Grown-ups. HIRSCH ATTICKS, ANDREA // ASHA Leader;Dec2013, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p34
The article offers brief information on different applications for use by skilled speech-language pathologists including the Skygrid which displays a personalized grid of photographs from the day's top news stories, the Pulse that uses photographs to display a customized selection of news...
- In a Perfect World. Gilmore Hall, Anna // Hearing Loss Magazine;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p6
The author discusses the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) 2014 public policy agenda including strategic marketing, membership campaign and the Consumer Technology Initiative. She agrees that HLAA goals can be achieved as exemplified by composer Richard Einhord who considers technology...
- Better Control. Bunce, Graham // PN;Aug2011, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Technology Fosters Independence," in the June 2011 issue.
- Story-Making on the iPad When Children Have Complex Needs: Two Case Studies. Kucirkova, Natalia; Messer, David; Critten, Val; Harwood, Jane // Communication Disorders Quarterly;Nov2014, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p44
The two case studies reported in this clinical exchange describe the way in which iPads can foster childrenâ€™s motivation to engage in communication and literacy-related activities such as story-sharing and story-creation. A detailed description of a particular iPad app (Our Story) is...