- Globalstar USA Introduces Satellite Phone Service. // Tele-Service News;Feb2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the Globalstar satellite phone service introduced by Walnut Creek, California-based Globalstar USA for customers in the United States on a limited basis.
- Globalstar's U.S. and Canadian units launch service. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
Reports the launching of mobile satellite services of Globalstar USA in North America. Target service areas and businesses; Retail price of Globalstar tri-mode telephone; Airtime and roaming rates; Impact of Globalstar operation on the mobile satellite industry; Usability of mobile satellite...
- Globalstar preps satellite phone. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p152
Focuses on Globalstar USA's plan to exhibit a Qualcomm-made satellite phone.
- Untitled. // Satellite Communications;Feb2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the rollout of Globalstar satellite phone services offered by Globalstar USA in the United States. Benefit offered by the service to customers; Pricing plan for the service.
- Globalstar Rises as Iridium Sinks. // Export Today's Global Business;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the performance of companies that are offering satellite telephone services as of April 2000. Bankruptcy of Iridium LLC; Launch of GlobalStar USA; Capabilities of satellite phones.
- Part-Time Sat Phone. Fales, Dan // MotorBoating;Oct2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4, p32
Provides information on the Flexline 750 call plan program offered by Globalstar USA for the use of its handheld satellite voice and data service. User charges under the program; Terms and conditions of the plan.
- Satellite phones, capacity and little LEOs. Hancock, Amy E. // Satellite Communications;Jul2000, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the advantages of satellite communication capacity on emergency situations. Policy of the American Red Cross in lining up communications in emergency situations; Advantages of mobile satellite technology of Globalstar USA in search and rescue operations; Advantages of Orbcomm system,...
- One Giant Leap For Mobile Satellite. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the involvement of Neil Armstrong in launching the commercial mobile satellite service of Globalstar USA in the United States. Impact of the service on the satellite phone industry; Market viability of commercial mobile satellite phone service; Plans of Globalstar to launch data...
- Briefs. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;7/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p37
Reports on developments in the telecommunication industry of Puerto Rico as of July 26, 2001. Plans of Puerto Rico Telephone to launch Internet access roaming early 2002; Wireless carrier MoviStar's expansion of the coverage of its digital service; Globalstar USA/Caribbean's expansion of its...