Mobilizing The Wireless Worker
- A shopping list of considerations for choosing wireless service. Strom, David // InfoWorld;6/13/94, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p51
Discusses things to consider when deciding on the type of wide-area wireless data service is needed for a particular corporation. Coverage; Cost; Applications; Recommendations.
- Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail. Rovani, John // Hospitality Upgrade;Spring2005, p158
Reports on the importance of preparation for merger and acquisition activity in the wireless communication industry in the U.S. Basic questions to ask regarding the business activity; Factors that help prepare the business for sale; Impact of planning on the preparation of business for sale.
- DATAMONITOR: BCE Inc. // BCE, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2011, p1
The article profiles BCE Inc., a Verdun, Quebec-based communication service company offering wireline voice and wireless communications services, internet access, data services and video services to residential, business and wholesale customers. The company owns a 44.1% interest in Bell Aliant,...
- Post-Merger World Narrower in Focus. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the prediction of some analysts that the ongoing consolidation among major wireless carriers could produce benefits for some previously underserved consumers. Description of the U.S. wireless communication system market; Examples of mergers that would not affect competition; List of...
- Upbeat 3Q infectious, too soon to tell if it will hold. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the financial growth of the U.S. wireless industry. Statement issued by UBS Warburg on the growth; Common problems of wireless users; Areas that attract spending in the industry.
- Verizon kicks in 3Q. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the customer growth experienced by Verizon Wireless in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2003. Net subscriber additions posted by the company; Percentage of increase in the company's revenue; Success of the Push to Talk service launched by Verizon.
- Verizon regains 'fastest-growing' title for nationals. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/2/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p1
Reports that Verizon Wireless regained the title of the fastest-growing wireless operator, as of May 2005. Growth of the customer base of Verizon; Reactions to the rebound of Cingular Wireless LLC; Increase in the data contributions of Verizon.
- Bluetooth Market to Exceed 500M Radios in 2006. // Electronic News;3/20/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p50
The article predicts the growth of the U.S. bluetooth market in 2006. After an explosive year of growth in 2005 that has seen the Bluetooth market more than double, 2006 looks set to provide another healthy year of sales for Bluetooth vendors. In a new study ABI Research concludes that the...
- Carrier Delivers a Personal Best. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;4/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p11
Focuses on the market performance of Verizon Wireless in 2005 that earned the company the Excellence Award as the Tier 1 Carrier of the Year from the periodical "Wireless Week." Information on the evolution-data only service launched by Verizon; Increase in the revenue posted by the firm for...