Mobilizing The Wireless Worker
- A shopping list of considerations for choosing wireless service. Strom, David // InfoWorld;6/13/94, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p51
Discusses things to consider when deciding on the type of wide-area wireless data service is needed for a particular corporation. Coverage; Cost; Applications; Recommendations.
- Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail. Rovani, John // Hospitality Upgrade;Spring2005, p158
Reports on the importance of preparation for merger and acquisition activity in the wireless communication industry in the U.S. Basic questions to ask regarding the business activity; Factors that help prepare the business for sale; Impact of planning on the preparation of business for sale.
- Vendors struggle with 'eat or be eaten' strategy. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the dilemma faced by large wireless companies in the United States with regard to acquisition of small wireless companies. List of small and large wireless companies; Concerns of industry analysts on consolidation deals; Factors to consider in consolidation plans.
- The mobile revolution. Elghamry, Nadia // Estates Gazette;5/14/2005 Supp Office Futures, p42
Focuses on the role of wireless technology in the change of work environment. Influence of technology on the changes in the interior design of offices; Benefits of using the wireless technology to companies; Barrier to the adoption of the wireless technology. INSETS:...
- No strings attached. Hearn, Louisa // Process Engineering;Sep2015, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the growing demand for wireless industrial networks among corporations. Topics include the shift in perception from wired networks to wireless ones, the industrial processes and solutions provider Honeywell and its first industrial wireless product launched in 2003 and its...
- DATAMONITOR: BCE Inc. // BCE, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2011, p1
The article profiles BCE Inc., a Verdun, Quebec-based communication service company offering wireline voice and wireless communications services, internet access, data services and video services to residential, business and wholesale customers. The company owns a 44.1% interest in Bell Aliant,...
- Post-Merger World Narrower in Focus. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the prediction of some analysts that the ongoing consolidation among major wireless carriers could produce benefits for some previously underserved consumers. Description of the U.S. wireless communication system market; Examples of mergers that would not affect competition; List of...
- Upbeat 3Q infectious, too soon to tell if it will hold. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the financial growth of the U.S. wireless industry. Statement issued by UBS Warburg on the growth; Common problems of wireless users; Areas that attract spending in the industry.
- Verizon kicks in 3Q. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the customer growth experienced by Verizon Wireless in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2003. Net subscriber additions posted by the company; Percentage of increase in the company's revenue; Success of the Push to Talk service launched by Verizon.