- IWO offers Sprint PCS service. // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p21
Reports that Independent Wireless One Corp. has assumed management of Sprint PCS Service in several Northeast markets.
- BIG DEAL. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/24/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p5
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. has secured a contract to supply equipment to Independent Wireless One Corp., to help it expand its wireless telecommunication service in the Northeastern States market.
- Pre-processing switch speeds data in DSP clusters. Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Aug2006, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p16
The article evaluates the pre-processing switch, a combination of a switch core for high-speed serial data and a suite of low-level byte and packet-level manipulation functions from IDT Corp.
- IDT targets Latin American market from Puerto Rico offices. Diaz Jr., Frank // Caribbean Business;10/24/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p68
Reports the launching of the expansion plan of telecommunication provider IDT Corp. into Latin America from its Puerto Rico branch. List of brand names; Success of the calling cards of IDT; Services offered by IDT.
- Wireless wins siting on scenic highways. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p3
Reports on the approval given by the Telecommunications Bureau of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to wireless carriers to build towers along scenic highways, as of December 8, 2003. Reason for the approval, according to Jeffrey Steinberg, deputy chief of the bureau; Issues...
- ISO and generators joust in New England, `fair' market prices spur attacks. Boschee, Pam // Electric Light & Power;Mar2000, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the complaints of the wholesale electricity marketplace of New England on the Independent System Operator New England's allegedly unfair pricing policies. Replacement of the traditional cost-based dispatch of generation with a bid-based system; Suppression of prices. INSET: ISO...
- Cal-ISO/PX breaks the mold; will it shatter the market? Jovin, Ellen // Electrical World;May98, Vol. 212 Issue 5, p50
Presents information relating to the launch of the California Power Exchange (PX) and the Independent System Operator (ISO) which brought the arrival of California's deregulated energy market. Controversy surrounding this launch; Information on the PX, located in Alhambra, California; Comments...
- Wildfires Cast Pall Over Energy Outlook. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p1
Focuses on the impact of wildfires on the power reliability in Southern California. Electricity forecasts made by the Independent System Operator; Increase incidence of wildfires; Reliance of state officials on electricity imports.
- Investcorp takes stake in US telecom firm. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/7/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p6
Reports on Investcorp SA's acquisition of a 79 percent stake in Independent Wireless One Corp. Terms of agreement; Growth of Investcorp's investment in technology.