Korean Companies Leapfrogging To 4G
- Standards Soup. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p76
Offers a look at the standards developed by three companies for third generation code division multiple access (CDMA) networks. Technology involved in the effort; Details on the Large Air-Synchronized CDMA proposal of LinkAir Communications; Key characteristics of Phase II of the 1XEV proposal...
- The other 3G. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p20
Reports the technologies qualified for IMT-2000 certification. Information on LinkAir Communications Inc.; Improvements in mobile services; Competitions between Motorola digital trunked radio and cellular services. INSETS: IMT-2000--A SUMMARY;FDD vs TDD.
- Migration growing pains. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;12/11/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 24, p122
Reports that the code division multiple access (CDMA) industry in the United States is reducing the number of proposals that promise high-speed data. Information on the Third-Generation Partnership Project 2 of the Telecommunication Industry Association; Details on the High Data Rate and...
- Three Firms To Watch. // Wireless Week;01/01/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p17
Features the wireless communication technologies that may become commonplace by the year 2020. I-Burst technology from ArrayComm Inc.; LAS-CDMA from LinkAir Communications Inc.; Fiberless Optical broadband technology-based on Internet protocol over Ethernet-Terebeam's system from Terabeam Inc.
- A New Kind of CDMA. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Jun2000, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p8
Reports on LinkAir Communications Inc.'s introduction of large area synchronized code division multiple access (LAS-CDMA) technology. Enabling of operators to deal with the growth in wireless subscribers and demand for wireless Internet services; Codes used to reduce interference; How the...
- LinkAir completes LAS-CDMA call. // RCR;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p39
Announces LinkAir Communications Inc.'s completion of its first call using its Large Area Synchronized Code Division Multiple Access technology.
- LinkAir Completes LAS Call. // Wireless Week;08/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p46
Reports the use of Code Division Multiple Access technology by Linkair Communications.
- LinkAir Seeks To Prove Itself In China. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p10
Provides information on the LAS-Code Division Multiple Access product offered by LinkAir Communications. Features of the product; Plan of the company for a multiphase trial of the product; Marketing strategy for the product.
- LinkAir touts its high-speed voice/data solution. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p1
Reports on LinkAir Communication's introduction of a technology called Large Area Synchronized Code Division Multiple Access (LAS-CDMA), designed to allow cdmaOne systems and others to move data speeds of up to 5.53 megabits per second. Technology features; Role to be played by the technology...