Current and emerging therapies for patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer
- Traitement des cancers bronchiques Ã petites cellules mÃ©tastatiques en 2012. Baize, N. // Oncologie;May2012, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p320
Systemic chemotherapy plays a major role in the management of patients with Stage IV small-cell lung cancer(SCLC). Despite strong initial chemosensitivity, majority of patients relapse within a few months and few patients survive more than a year. Spontaneous prognosis is wrong for at least six...
- Surgery in limited-disease small-cell lung cancer. Koul, Parvaiz A. // Lung India;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p2
The author reflects on the abandonment of surgery as a treatment of choice for patients with limited-disease small-cell lung cancer (LD-SCLC) due to the result of a randomized trial which revealed a survival difference between surgery and radiotherapy. An overview of some studies which show that...
- Phase 4 SAiL confirms safety profile of first-line bevacizumab in nonsquamous NSCLC. // Hem/Onc Today;8/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p8
This article reports on the positive results obtained by the Safety of Avastin in Lung (SAiL) trial which examined the safety profile of first-line bevacizumab in the treatment of nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer.
- Randomized Phase III Trial of Paclitaxel, Etoposide, and Carboplatin Versus Carboplatin, Etoposide, and Vincristine in Patients With Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Reck, Martin; von Pawel, Joachim; Macha, Hans-Nicolas; Kaukel, Eckhard; Deppermann, Karl-Matthias; Bonnet, Reiner; Ulm, Kurt; Hessler, Sybill; Gatzemeier, Ulrich // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;8/06/2003, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p1118
Cites the results of a randomized phase III trial from 1998 to 1999 comparing the efficacy of carboplatin, etoposide and paclitaxel and of vincristine, etoposide and carboplatin in treating small-cell lung cancer. Patient eligibility; Treatment protocol; Treatment evaluations and statistical...
- Use of histological and genetic markers in optimizing therapy for patients with non-small-cell lung cancer. Adams, Val R.; Harvey, R. Donald // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/1/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 1, pS3
Purpose. To describe how molecular and genetic markers influence the response to therapy in patients with advanced nonsmall- cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Summary. Cisplatin resistance has been associated with high rates of expression of endonucleases, a family of DNA repair proteins that includes...
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals: more Velcade ventures. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;Apr2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the launch of a phase II trial of Velcade in combination with pemetrexed in non-small lung cancer (NSCLC) initiated by Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Johnson & Johnson in 2006. The trial will study the effects of Velcade in patients with NSCLC who have failed prior...
- Advances of Treatment of Small Cell Lung Cancer in 2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting. Kan Wu; Bing Xia; Shenglin Ma // Chinese Journal of Lung Cancer;Nov2012, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p672
No abstract available.
- Lung cancer imaging agent. // FDA Consumer;Nov96, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p5
Announces the availability of the Nofetumomab, an agent that can determine the extent of disease in patients diagnosed with small cell lung cancer (SCLC). Benefits in using the product; Restrictions on the use of the product; Statistics on the number of patients diagnosed with SCLC in the...
- Erlotinib/ciprofloxacin. // Reactions Weekly;4/14/2012, Issue 1397, p16
The article describes the case of a 79-year-old man who developed fatal interstitial lung disease [ILD] while receiving erlotinib for non-smallcell lung cancer [NSCLC]. He also developed an increase in erlotinib concentrations after receiving ciprofloxacin