New drugs and dosage forms
- NeurogesX completes patient enrollment in Phase II PHN study. // PharmaWatch: CNS;Aug2011, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p15
The article reports on the completion of the patient enrollment conducted by NeurogesX Inc. in its phase II clinical study of NGX-1998, a topical liquid formulation of high-concentration capsaicin, in patients with postherpetic neuralgia (PHN).
- American College of Rheumatology. // BioWorld Today;10/29/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 211, p9
The article discusses the results of the Pennsaid Phase II study conducted by Nuvo Research Inc. According to the clinical trial presented at the American College of Rheumatology annual meeting in San Francisco, California, the topical diclofenac solution has better effect on the symptoms of...
- US FDA halts supply of topical diclofenac samples. // Reactions Weekly;11/26/2011, Issue 1379, p2
The article reports that the distribution of 15 milliliter sample bottles of Nuvo Research's topical diclofenac solution will be halted in response to a request by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in November 2011.
- Analyst: A 'Risk/Benefit Conundrum.'. // BioWorld Today;5/1/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 83, p8
The article discusses the findings of four 12-week studies carried out by NeurogesX Inc., of San Mateo, California. The combined data involving more than 700 patients showed that there appeared to be no detrimental neurological effects after treatment with Qutenza, a capsaicin patch, as measured...
- THE GLOBAL REPORT. // Applied Clinical Trials;Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p20
The article presents several developments related to the pharmaceutical industry worldwide. The World Bank sponsored a forum on global funding to subsidize the cost of artemisinin-based combination therapies, which are the new antimalaria drugs for Africa. A court in Beijing, China ordered three...
- New drugs and dosage forms. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/1/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p690
The article presents the newly developed drugs and their dosage forms including the Adapalene lotion, the Doxepin tablets, and the Polidocanol injection.
- Pop a Pill, Bring Back the Thrill. Messenger, Rawdon // Business Mexico;Jul2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p52
Focuses on the entry of Pfizer's viagra, a drug for impotence in Mexico. Sales incurred by Pfizer for viagra; Estimated number of Mexico population in need of viagra; Impact of impotence drugs manufactured by other pharmaceutical companies on viagra's marketshare.
- Pfizer acts to stem rising tide of ads using Viagra branding. // Marketing Week;9/3/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p11
Reports that Pfizer, manufacturer of Viagra, impotence medicine is planning to take legal action against companies which feature the drug in their advertisements. Identification of some of companies which are expected to receive letters from Pfizer regarding the issue; Indication that several...
- Pfizer Sues to Block Competing ED Drugs. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/28/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the efforts of Pfizer Inc. to launch a preemptive strike to defend the position of the blockbuster erectile dysfunction drug Viagra.