A Mediterranean-style diet reduced need for glucose-lowering drugs more than a low-fat diet in type 2 diabetes
- The Role of Diet in Diabetes Risk. // Clinician Reviews;Sep2008, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p9
The article discusses research being done on the role of diet in diabetes risk. It references a study by L. F. Tinker, D. E. Bonds, K. L. Margolis et al., published in the 2008 issue of the "Archives of Internal Medicine." Tinker and colleagues conclude that there is no correlation between...
- A Very Low-Carbohydrate, Low--Saturated Fat Diet for Type 2 Diabetes Management: A Randomized Trial. Tay, Jeannie; Luscombe-Marsh, Natalie D.; Thompson, Campbell H.; Noakes, Manny; Buckley, Jon D.; Wittert, Gary A.; Yancy Jr., William S.; Brinkworth, Grant D. // Diabetes Care;Nov2014, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p2909
OBJECTIVE To comprehensively compare the effects of a very low-carbohydrate, high-unsaturated/low-saturated fat diet (LC) with those of a high-unrefined carbohydrate, low-fat diet (HC) on glycemic control and cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors in type 2 diabetes (T2DM). RESEARCH DESIGN...
- Life With Type 2: Mr. Taubes Upsets the Carbo Cart. Totty, Patrick // Diabetes Health Professional;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p22
No abstract available.
- The DASH Diet and Diabetes. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Jan2010, p44
The article presents a study which aims to know the association between Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet and type 2 diabetes.
- Vegan Diets Lower Chronic Disease Risk. // Good Medicine;Fall2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses a research on the efficacy of low-fat vegetarian diet in treating type 2 diabetes, with reference to a study published in the "Journal of the American Diebetic Association." It compares the Alternate Healthy Eating Index of the participants assigned to a low-fat,...
- Development of a Nongenetic Mouse Model of Type 2 Diabetes. Gilbert, Elizabeth R.; Zhuo Fu; Dongmin Liu // Experimental Diabetes Research;2011, Special section p1
Insulin resistance and loss of Î²-cell mass cause Type 2 diabetes (T2D). The objective of this study was to generate a nongenetic mouse model of T2D. Ninety-six 6-month-old C57BL/6N males were assigned to 1 of 12 groups including (1) low-fat diet (LFD; low-fat control; LFC), (2) LFD with 1...
- Vegan Diet Lowers BGs and Lipids in Type 2s. Trecroci, D. // Diabetes Health;Oct2006, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p18
The article presents the results of a medical research conducted at George Washington University School of Medicine on low-fat vegan diet among type 2 diabetics in Washington D.C. The study has found that a vegan diet improves blood glucose and lipid control. 21 of 49 diabetics who were used for...
- Targeting Diabetes. Barnard, Neal D. // Good Medicine;Fall2006, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on a study which has shown that a low-fat vegan diet treats type 2 diabetes more effectively than a standard diabetes diet and may be more effective than single-agent therapy with oral diabetes drugs. The study was conducted by doctors and dietitians with the Physicians...
- To Dodge Diabetes... // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May2015, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the results of a study by the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) suggesting a low-calorie, low-fat diet and 150 minutes of weekly exercise to combat diabetes.