TiVo Provides DVRs To Small Canadian Op
- KOLDCAST.TV INKS WITH TIVO. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;1/26/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on a deal signed by broadband television web site KoldCast.tv with TiVo to feature programming through the digital video record (DVR) service. Web distribution deals were also announced by KoldCast for "Invention With Brian Forbes," "Miles & Ben," "The Crew" and "The Haylay...
- TiVo faces uncertain future in the market it pioneered. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;6/28/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 26, p10
Assesses the future of TiVo, a provider of digital video recorder (DVR) equipment and services in the U.S. in line with its relations with DirecTV. Percentage of TiVo's revenue attributed to its deal with DirecTV; Number of subscribers that TiVo aims to gain; Rate of TiVo's stake sold by News...
- AT&T, TiVo Record a DVR Deal. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p68
Reports the deal between AT&T Broadband and TiVo Inc. in the United States. Provision of digital video recording (DVR) to customers in select markets; Marketing services of DVR in various states; Terms of the deal; Strategic plans; Advantages of the deal to both companies.
- Second act. Anderson, Diane // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR52
Focuses on the deal of cable operator Comcast with TiVO in which TiVO would provide digital video recorder (DVR) for Comcast's set-top boxes. Estimated value of the deal; Plan of DirectTV to market a competing DVR device from NDS Group; Amount spent by Comcast for advertising in 2004.
- ROVI IN DEAL WITH TIVO. // Home Media Magazine;8/10/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p8
This article reports that Rovi and TiVo have forged a deal that will bring Rovi's television (TV), movie and music metadata to TiVo's digital video recorders (DVRs). It reveals that Rovi offers over 400,000 movie titles, 13 million songs and over a million TV episodes that date back to 1954....
- TIVO GOES ONLINE WITH IFILM. Graser, Marc // Variety;04/24/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 10, p25
Reports on the deal between TiVo Inc. and Netcaster iFilm to broadcast Web content for the first time on its digital video recorder beginning in June 2000. Terms under the deal.
- Comcast Records TiVo Deal. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p2
Provides information on a digital video recorder (DVR) distribution deal between cable operator Comcast Corp. and TiVo Inc. Number of DVR sold by Comcast in the fourth quarter of 2004; Benefits of the deal for Comcast; Views of Mark Hess, Comcast senior vice president of digital television, on...
- Tivo booms in UK and Spain. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;6/ 4/2012, p3
The article reports on the growth of digital video recorder (DVR) specialist Tivo in Great Britain and Spain despite economic recession.
- TiVo Tees Up TV Streamer for Cable. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p26
The article offers brief information on the TiVo Stream digital video recorder (DVR) from TiVo Inc.