Ford Out in Discovery Reorg
- Discovery opts for group plan. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;12/21/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 37, p3
The article reports that John Ford is stepping down as president and general manager (GM) of Discovery Channel as a part of the reorganization efforts of the company's suite of cable networks under different department heads. It reports that Discovery veteran Clark Bunting will take over...
- Discovery crosses out topper Ford. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;12/21/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 54, p4
The article reports on the termination of John Ford as the head of Discovery Channel in the U.S. The company's president-chief executive officer (CEO) David Zaslav announces the restructure of its channels into new groupings as part of the Discovery Communications changes. It notes that the...
- DISCOVERY FINDS A HIGHER CALLING. Lowry, Brian // Variety;8/16/2010, Vol. 420 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses reality television programs broadcast on the Discovery Channel cable network. The network's general manager, Clark Bunting, discusses the network's planned rebranding and comments on the network's hopes to develop popular documentary television programs. Television producer...
- Alliance Atlantis rejigs specialty TV. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;1/17/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the restructuring of the specialty television operations of Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc. (AAC) in Toronto, Ontario. Departure of Laura Michalchyshyn as vice president of programming for Showcase Diva, Showcase Action and the Independent Film Channel; Decision of vice...
- Michalchyshyn Goes Green. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p24
The article announces that Laura Michalchyshyn has been appointed general manager for the Planet Green channel.
- SUNDANCE EXEC EXITS POST. Frankel, Daniel; Hayes, Dade // Daily Variety;2/27/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 40, p10
The article announces the resignation of Laura Michalchyshyn as executive vice president (VP) and general manager of Sundance Channel.
- Shark Week. // CableFAX Daily;9/23/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 185, p1
The article reports on the corporate restructuring initiated by Discovery Networks executives Judith McHale and Billy Campbell in September 2005. Campbell and McHale have consolidated its production teams and launched a centralized production department. The tasks and responsibilities of general...
- Michalchyshyn to Run Planet Green. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;3/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p4
The article announces the appointment of Laura Michalchyshyn as president and general manager of its Planet Green network.
- Death of Soaps Opens Path for ID. J. L. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/2/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 14, p19
The article reports that Discovery will double its real-life soap opera-like programming by creating nine new series for primetime.