- The HD puzzle. Fadden // SHOOT;05/09/97, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p35
Focuses on the growing use of high definition television (HDTV) among advertising post-production companies in the United States. Origins of the technology's development; Essence of the digital television system; Business potentials of HDTV commercials.
- Creative trends. Caranicas // SHOOT;05/30/97, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on impact of high-definition television (HDTV) on commercial creativity and budget. Connection between plagiarism and parody; Observations on creativity of parody spots; Impact of HDTV on production companies and post houses.
- HDTV: A Missed Opportunity? Jacobs, Heather // SHOOT;03/02/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p15
Focuses on the high-definition television (HDTV) issues of relevance to the advertising community in the United States. Advantages and disadvantages of HDTV; Efforts to develop HDTV standards; Opportunities for HDTV.
- LETTERS. Rose, Carl; Rogers, Kristofer; Sinclair, John // B&T Weekly;9/28/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2630, p18
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to previous article including the introduction of the high definition digital multi-channel broadcast, the headline story on small publishers and the contribution of Bevan Wallace, chief executive officer of Lintas, to the development of...
- FEEDBACK. Watson, Len; Beck, Jim; Brian // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues including the editorial on programming and advertising in the January 2007 issue, "Urban Renewal," in the December 2006 issue, and "The Fairness Doctrine," by Paul McGoldrick in the December 2006 issue.
- Price Conscious: TW Cable Touts 'Free'. King, Danny // Television Week;11/10/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p14
This article reports that Time Warner Cable (TWC) has stepped up promotion of its high-definition (HD) television service by highlighting its price or lack thereof. TWC is the home of free HD, said spokeswoman Robyn Watson. This is consistently the driver of customer acquisition, since most...
- Cable HDTV coming. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;05/10/99, Vol. 129 Issue 20, p29
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s plans to deliver high-definition television (HDTV) to upgraded areas in the United States. Results of Time's HDTV trials in the area; Features of Time's HDTV technology.
- To The Editor. Cassagnac, Jean Paul // TVB Europe;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p8
Presents a letter to the editor about use of Viper high definition technology equipment in the filming of "Nuit Noire," directed by Olivier Smolders.
- NO HD CLONES. Pavlica, Jr., John // Radio World;1/4/2012, p29
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Are HD2 Channels Compelling?" in the December 9, 2011 issue.