- CableLabs stamps Samsung TV for OpenCable. // CED;Feb2004, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
Reports that CableLabs Inc. has awarded OpenCable certification to Samsung Electronics for a set-top-free digital television. Key features of the Samsung model; Terms of the deal; Purpose of CableLabs in awarding the certificate.
- 12 More Get DOCSIS 1.1 Nods. // Cable World (10427228);4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p34
Focuses on the certification released by Cable Television Laboratories for cable operators that met its DOCSIS 1.1 standards in 2002.
- NETGEAR CMD31T CABLE MODEM GETS DOCSIS 3.0 CERTIFICATION. // Modem Users News;Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the DOCSIS 3.0 certification received by Netgear for its CMD31T Cable Modem. The certification in CableLabs' Certification Wave 60 specifies support for at least four downstream and four upstream channels. According to the article, the resulting data rates of up to 160...
- DOCSIS 1.1 Test Wave Slated for October. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p12
Reports on first certification wave for DOCSIS 1.1 (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) equipment in the United States scheduled to begin October 23, 2000. Testing of the interoperability of cable modems and cable-modem-termination systems built into those specifications;...
- This just in. // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p2
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States, for the week ended March 13, 2000. Increase in the number of digital video subscribers; Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s certification of ten plug-and-play cable modems.
- CableLabs Stamps Two CableHome 1.0 Gateways. // Multichannel News;8/11/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p45
Reports that Cable Television Laboratories Inc. said it added gateways from Netgear Inc. and Scientific-Atlanta Inc. to the list of vendors that have won CableHome 1.0 stamps in the last certification round that ended in late July.
- Plug-and-play is on the way. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p42
Reports on announcement made by consumer electronics company Panasonic Co. on October 17, 2002 of a licensing deal with CableLabs to launch its plug-and-play digital TV sets. Utilization of CableLab's technology making television set's basic channel-surfing functions compatible with...
- CABLELABS CERTIFIES MOTOROLA BSR 64000. // Modem Users News;Jun2005, pN.PAG
This article reports on a PacketCable Multimedia Qualification within DOCSIS 2.0 received by the Motorola Inc. Broadband Services Router (BSR) 64000 from Cablelabs in the completed Certification Wave 34, as of June 2005. PacketCable is a CableLabs-led initiative that is aimed at developing...
- Arris, Motorola modems first to get PacketCable 3.0 seal. // CED;Jul2008, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on Arris and Motorola, the companies which are said to be the first to acquire PacketCable 3.0 seal. According to the CableLabs, the embedded multimedia terminal adapters (E-MTAs) from Arris and Motorola possessed the features which enabled them to acquire the PacketCable 3.0...