Mechanical properties of prosthetic limbs: Adapting to the patient
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Winter92, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p61
Presents an abstract of the study `Biomechanical Analysis of the Influence of Prosthetic Feet on Below-Knee Amputee Walking,' by A. Gitter, J.M. Czerniecki et al and reprinted from the 1991 issue of the `American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.'
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;1993, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p273
Presents an abstract of the article `Quantitative Assessment of Four Men Using Above-Elbow Prosthetic Control,' by R.A. Popat et al from the Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation journal.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Aug94, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p261
Discusses the upper-extremity prosthetic treatment of a 31-year old male with a closed head trauma and mild spastic quadriparesis. Abstract of the article, `Switch-Activated Electrically Controlled Prosthesis Following a Close Head Injury: A Case Study,' by D. Berbrayer and D. Farraday in the...
- Presentation Highlights: International service delivery. Pitkin, Mark R. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;May/Jun2002 Supplement, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p17
Presents the highlights of a presentation on international service delivery during the Prosthetics Roundtable in Rockville, Maryland on June 25, 2001. Background on the U.S.-Russian Prosthetic Rehabilitation Bridge; Patients who have already been treated by the program; Key points of the...
- Upper-Extremity Prosthesis Users May Benefit From Amputee Role Models. // O&P Almanac;Nov2015, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p12
The article discusses the findings of a research by the Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia which shows how upper-limb amputees can benefit more from prosÂtheses when they are taught its uses by amputee role models.
- Restoration as Motivation. Nelson, Leif // O&P Almanac;Nov2015 Supplement In Motion, p22
The article focuses on life of Anthony Green from Cleveland, Ohio, who motivates people with disabilities despite being an amputee himself, and discusses his rehabilitation program, prosthetic technology used for Green and comments of amputation rehabilitation coordinator Joseph Boncser.
- Normal and shear stresses on a residual limb in a prosthetic socket during ambulation... Sanders, Joan E.; Daly, Colin H. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;1993, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p191
Develops and evaluates a computer-based model of the residual limb and socket to predict interface normal stresses and shear stresses on below-knee amputees during ambulation. Subjects and procedures; Results; Relevance.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Jun98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p257
Presents an abstract of the study `Static Versus Dynamic Prosthetic Weight Bearing in Elderly Trans-Tibial Amputees,' by M. E. Jones, J. R. Steel, et al., from the `Prosthetics and Orthotics International' dated 1997.
- Meetings & Courses. // O&P Business News;Nov2014, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p54
A calendar of international meetings, conferences, seminars and courses for the orthotics and prosthetics business sector scheduled for November 2014 to December 2015 including the New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists Education Seminar in Atlantic City, New...