CNBC's Squawk Box: Rocket Fuel for Share Prices?
- Biz bellwethers? Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;10/21/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the decline of pay television subscribers in the second quarter increasing supposition that people are dropping cable rather to watch shows for free on the Internet in the U.S. in 2010.
- Casting about for news cost controls. Foisie, Geoffrey // Broadcasting & Cable;6/7/93, Vol. 123 Issue 23, p85
Reports on the idea of controlling news cost which was discussed at an annual Broadcast Cable Financial Management Association. Notion of niche newscast; Higher salaries of news managers because of central role in controlling costs; Profitability of news daypart.
- Big stories; bigger bucks. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/7/93, Vol. 123 Issue 23, p87
Reports on the RTNDA survey of television stations assessing the profitability of newscasts. Majority of affiliates making money; Built-in bias to the results; Response rate; Separating news profitability and other schedules; Arbitrary judgments to allocation of overhead costs to news.
- No revenue surge in 3rd quarter. Foisie, Geoffrey // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/93, Vol. 123 Issue 44, p33
Reports on the performance of television programs in the third quarter of 1993 in terms of revenues. Increase in financial results for special event programs; Absence of political revenue; Performance of various television groups.
- Asia primed to buy hot properties. Regelman, Karen // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p92
Reports on the plans of Tokyo Broadcasting System to sell television programs to Asian market. Description of the preferences of the Asian market for a specific genre of program; Popularity of the drama series in Asia; Revenues earned from the sale of television programs in Asia.
- Gallic docmakers begin their disappearing act. Schuman, Joseph // Variety;4/18/94, Vol. 354 Issue 11, p36
Reports on the financial difficulties of French documentary television producers. Difficulty of production companies to raise their budgets due the decrease of network's demand for documentary products; Television station France 2's documentary slots; Accessibility of funds from the National...
- WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING AT? // Campaign;2/8/2002, Issue 5, p29
Focuses on the recession in the broadcasting industry in the United States. Negotiation of the Magna Global USA for Raising Dad series in the television program schedules; Implication of the reality television show Survivor on the production cost and sponsorship deals; Impact of the September...
- TV's clothes encounters. Radovsky, Vicki Jo // Entertainment Weekly;5/12/95, Issue 274, p20
Focuses on how television costume designers and wardrobe executives find costumes on a tight budget. How costume budgets have shrunken in the entertainment industry; Rachel Stanley, head designer of NBC's `Sisters'; Brenda Cooper, costume designer for CBS' `The Nanny'; Others; Finding wardrobe...
- Nets ask U.S. suppliers for rollback in rates. Jazmines, Tessa // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p32
Looks at the television (TV) market of United States shows in the Philippines. Comparison between the 1996 and 1997 markets of the TV advertising industry; Comments from several television executives; Advertising revenues in 1997.