CEO Compensation: Its Link to Bank Performance
- Return and Reward: Bank Performance and CEO Compensation. Joyce, William B. // American Business Review;Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p93
Examines the connection between a chief executive officer's (CEO) compensation and the firm's performance, for a sample of publicly-traded banks and savings and loans. Relationship between bonuses and return on assets; Negative linear relationship between firm performance and CEO compensation.
- CEO Pay and Corporate Performance in the Commercial Banking Industry. Tripp, James D.; Kenny, Peppy M. // American Business Review;Jun95, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p72
Focuses on the relation between top management compensation and corporate performance in the commercial banking industry in the United States. Concerns of shareholders; Regulations passed regarding top executive compensation; Protest of commercial banks on governmental intrusion into the...
- Dimon, Stumpf, Fairbank Are Industry's Highest-Paid CEOs. Kline, Alan // American Banker;6/21/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 96, p7
The article notes U.S. banking industry chief executive officers' salaries and compensation in 2011 including JPMorgan Chase's Jamie Dimon who earned $23 million, Wells Fargo's John Stumpf with $19.8 million, and Capital One's Richard Fairbank who earned $18.7 million.
- Healthy profits in southeast bring CEOs hefty packages. Cline, Kenneth // American Banker;3/16/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 51, p4
Reports that chief executives of major southeastern banks had received hefty salary and bonus increases in 1994, reflecting earnings improvement. Biggest raise to Wachovia Corp. president and chief executive officer L.M. Baker Jr.; Smallest salary raise to First Union Corp. chairman and chief...
- Rank has its rewards. // U.S. Banker;Sep94, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the remuneration of chief executive officers in the banking industry in the United States according to a survey by Pearl Meyer & Partners. Increase in compensation from 1991 to 1993; Long-term incentives and stock options as forms of remuneration.
- Bank Chief Executive Pay. // American Banker;4/30/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 66, p5
A chart is presented which ranks 40 banks' chief executive officers' pay in fiscal 2011 including JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s Jamie Dimon, Citigroup Inc.'s Vikram S. Pandit, and Bank of America Corp.'s Brian T. Moynihan.
- U.S. Bank Wait-and-See On SEC Disclosure Plan. Cole, Jim // American Banker;3/27/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 58, p2
This article reports that U.S. Bancorp wants shareholders to wait for new compensation disclosure rules expected in 2007 rather than impose restrictions on the company's pay practices, as one shareholder is proposing. Jerry Grundhofer, U.S. Bancorp's chairman and CEO opposes the proposal to be...
- Ideas in Contention As Compensation Fix. Landy, Heather // American Banker;9/29/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 180, p2
The article presents an overview of reform suggestions which have been offered in 2009 to limit the salaries of banking executives in the U.S. The role that strengthening peer review, preventing chief executive officer bias, limiting severance packages and deferring and limiting bonuses could...
- Rebound in Profits, Buzz Fail to Lift M&A, CEOs Say. Monks, Matthew // American Banker;4/24/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 63, p1
The article discusses the outlook for U.S. bank mergers and acquisitions from the perspective of several bank chief executive officers and in light of stronger bank profits in first-quarter 2012. The gap between bank buyers' and sellers' price expectations, volume of consolidation in the banking...