NON-SHOCK INITIATION MODEL FOR EXPLOSIVE FAMILIES: EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS
- Detonation Wave Profile in PBX 9501. Menikoff, Ralph // AIP Conference Proceedings;2006, Vol. 845 Issue 1, p986
Measurements of a CJ-detonation wave in PBX 9501 with a VISAR technique have shown a classical ZND profile for the reaction zone. This is compatible with one-dimensional simulations using realistic equations of state and an Arrhenius reaction rate fit to available data from other experiments....
- CHARACTERISATION OF AN EXPLODING FOIL INITIATOR (EFI) SYSTEM. Davies, H. R.; Chapman, D. J.; Vine, T. A.; Proud, W. G. // AIP Conference Proceedings;12/28/2009, Vol. 1195 Issue 1, p283
Exploding Foil Initiators (EFIs) provide a safe and reliable means of initiating explosives. They are highly insensitive to mechanical shock and electrical interference, requiring a specific high current pulse for initiation. This allows the use of insensitive secondary explosives, eliminating...
- NON-SHOCK INITIATION MODEL FOR EXPLOSIVE FAMILIES: NUMERICAL RESULTS. Todd, S. N.; Anderson, M. U.; Caipen, T. L.; Grady, D. E. // AIP Conference Proceedings;12/28/2009, Vol. 1195 Issue 1, p361
A damage initiated reaction (DMGIR) computational model is being developed for the CTH shock physics code to predict the response of an explosive to non-shock mechanical insults. The distinguishing feature of this model is the introduction of a damage variable, which relates the evolution of...
- COMPUTATIONAL COMPARISONS OF HOMOGENEOUS AND STATISTICAL DESCRIPTIONS OF AEROMET100 STEEL SUBJECTED TO EXPLOSIVE LOADING. Hopson, M. V.; Scott, C. M. // AIP Conference Proceedings;12/28/2009, Vol. 1195 Issue 1, p1077
Computational continuum codes can provide many details on the response of metals to explosive loading. However, most â€œproductionâ€ level calculations use a homogeneous description of the metal. This representation is incorrect and a statistically compensated Johnson-Cook fracture...
- MECHANICAL RESPONSE OF DAMAGED EXPLOSIVE COMPOSITIONS. Drodge, Daniel R.; Chapman, David J.; Proud, William G. // AIP Conference Proceedings;12/28/2009, Vol. 1195 Issue 1, p1249
Polymer-bonded explosive (PBX) materials often exhibit strain-softening as a consequence of increasing microstructural damage. Good mechanical models thus require an account of loading path dependence. For validation purposes, a series of experiments have been carried out on a PBX system,...
- Mine Explosives Charging Vehicle. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 207 Issue 1, p74
The article evaluates the Charmec 9825 BE explosives charging machine and offers information on its concept and durability.
- Optical sensor for the detection of explosives: example of a fluorescent material. Caron, Thomas; Guillemot, Marianne; Veignal, Florian; Montméat, Pierre; Pasquinet, Eric; Prené, Philippe; Perraut, François; Lère-Porte, Jean-pierre; Serein-Spirau, Françoise // AIP Conference Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 1137 Issue 1, p83
This paper deals with the detection of nitroaromatic explosives. A specific fluorescent material is devoted to the detection of ultra traces of explosives remaining on clothes. The sensor exhibits a large sensitivity for TNT or DNT vapors.
- Cavitands thin films as sensitive coating for explosives sensors. Bardet, A.; Parret, F.; Guillemot, M.; Besnard, S.; Montméat, P.; Barthet, C.; Prené, P. // AIP Conference Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 1137 Issue 1, p421
This paper deals with the detection of explosive vapours with SAW gas sensors. The devices are coated with terbutylcalix(8)arene. The effect of the deposition technique on the sensor performances is discussed. The best perfrormances are obtained with dip coating.
- Choices Limited For Detecting Liquid Explosives. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 231 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that the disclosure in which British officials foiled a potential terrorist plot to explode bombs aboard several or more aircraft using liquid explosives and other materials, showed that security systems, particularly at passenger checkpoints, are still lacking in their...