Strongbow cuts drying time
- A Slice of Design Engineering. Arrigo, Lisa // Product Design & Development;Oct2005, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p10
Features the vertical veneer slicer from Merritt Plywood Machinery Inc. in the United States. Development of specifications for the slicer; Design criteria for the slicer; Servo motor and gearbox of the slicer. INSET: TIMELINE.
- Troubleshooting convective conveyor dryers in 5 phases. Hargrove, David H. // Process Heating;Mar96, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p26
Presents a step-by-step look at dryer conception, development, installation, operation and maintenance. Where troubleshooting begins; Installing and commissioning; Drying the product; Maintaining the dryer; Rebuilding.
- Finding a dryer to do the job right. Ekberg, Hal // Process Heating;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p23
Evaluates the product and process requirements of three types of process dryers. Conveyor dryers; Rotary dryers; Tower dryers; Products that are best suited for a certain type of dryer; Process considerations; Operating temperature.
- Evaluating your dryer requirements points you to the right manufacturer. // Process Heating;Mar97, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p20
Presents a guide of dryer suppliers and technical requirements. Includes dryer configuration; Dryter types; Energy sources; Materials dried; Manufacturing process; Industries served.
- Resin dryers. // Plastics Technology;Aug96 Supplement Handbook, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p323
Features resin dryers for plastics manufacturing. Includes vacuum and fluid-bed dryers; WD series electric and gas dehumidifying dryers; Cactus Superdryers.
- Driers for recycle, reclaim, and service applications. Rosen, Shelvin // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/25/98, Vol. 204 Issue 4, p23
Evaluates the performance of driers used for refrigerant recycling, reclamation and service applications. Refrigerant purity specifications of the ARI and the SAE; Flow capacity and equilibrium point dryness; Rate of removal of water from the refrigerant; Final water content of the refrigerant...
- Side-by-side drying. Blume, Eric R. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p53
Evaluates Greenville, North Carolina-based American Fast Print's (AFP) electric infrared vertical fabric pre-dryer and its upgraded gas pre-dryer. Performance per unit of energy; Energy cost; Advantages of the electric unit over the gas pre-dryer.
- A new dryer system. // Colourage;Oct96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p39
Reports on Pellerin Milnor Corp.'s introduction of its largest dryer. Features; Minimization of production delays; Microprocessor control.
- RF dryer-PS12T. // Colourage;Oct96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p39
Reports Proctor Strayfield Ltd.'s launching of its PS12T Batch Dryer, a compact version of its radio frequency drying systems called the PS12T. Features; Benefits of using the PS12T Batch Dryer; Type of monitor.
- A lot of hot air. M.M.; Miracle, Michael // Skiing;Feb98, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p32
Presents the HomeAir skiing gloves and boot dryer. Features and functions; Price; Contact information.