GUS closer to Argos acquisition
- Odds shorten on GUS taking control at Argos. // Cabinet Maker;03/06/98, Issue 5078, p5
Details the offer made by GUS to acquire Argos. Effect of the offer on Argos' stock performance; Decline in the stock price of other furniture companies.
- Argos to return ...431m to fend off GUS bid. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/10/98, Issue 5083, p4
Focuses on catalog retailer Argos's efforts to fend off takeover bid by GUS. Return of money to shareholders; Pre-tax profit forecast for the first half of 1998.
- Specialist catalogues. // Cabinet Maker;08/21/98, Issue 5102, p6
Reports on Britain-based Argos' launching of Argos Interiors, a separate home and soft furnishings catalogue which will feature products from GUS's mail order offering.
- Argos' sales boost is good news for GUS. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2003, Issue 5342, p6
Reports on the increase in the profits of the furniture store GUS in Great Britain. Benefits of the sales boost of Argos for the store; Plan of GUS to sell the shopping business to the Barclay brothers; Increase in the shares of Laura Ashley.
- MFI enigma hits GUS shares. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p6
The article reports that after months of growth, GUS is showing a series of falling highs, and more sellers are likely to emerge each time the price approaches goop. The failure of GUS chief executive John Peace to dismiss rumours of a bid for MFI has wrong-footed DeutscheBank analysts....
- Argos helps bring HRG profit its home. // Cabinet Maker;12/1/2006, Issue 5516, p5
The article reports on the 8% rise in sales of Home Retail Group (HRG) for the period of six months ending September 30, 2006 due to their Argos Home catalog in Great Britain. According to a report, the move served as the first result since HRG demerged from Gus Co. in October of 2006. A record...
- Argos staff share a Â£5.9m pot from savings scheme. // Personnel Today;8/10/2004, p4
Argos employees across Great Britain will benefit from a potential pay-out of Â£5.9 m following the maturity of the first share purchase scheme run by its parent company GUS plc. Under the terms of the Sharesave Scheme, which was first introduced in 2001, employees can buy shares in GUS at a...
- GUS heads for 800p as rumours boost others. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p6
Reports on the influence of the sales gained by Gus at Argos and at Homebase Inc. Increased price targets of CSFB and Deutsche Bank; Corporate profits of Marks & Spencer; Cessation of the business operations of FTSE 100.
- Argos tentative rise. // Housewares;Oct93, Issue 103, p3
Reports on the fragile retail recovery of Argos catalogue group. Percentage increase in profits; Percentage increase in sales; Threat of increased income tax or value-added tax.