Insolvency trade calls for furniture ABTA in wake of Maples collapse
- Abta urged to shape up after crisis year. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/8/2004, Issue 2635, p4
Reports on the demand for the Association of British Travel Agents to defend its credibility after a series of crisis in Great Britain.
- ABTA seeks power to raid members. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/7/2003, Issue 2558, p52
Reports that the Association of British Travel Agents is seeking powers to enter the premises of members suspected of fraud in Great Britain. Plan of ABTA to terminate the membership of suspected members; Appointment of an outside accountancy firm; Effect of fraud on the industry.
- This is the news... from 1973. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/21/2003, Issue 2560, p14
Recalls news related to the tourist trade in Great Britain in 1973. Call for a membership ban by the Association of British Travel Agents; Success in the negotiations on the bonding of licensed operators; Introduction of the company Redgrave Travel.
- What's your LifeLine plan? Noakes, Gary // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/12/2013, Issue 3065, p09
The article reports on the travel trade organization Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) Lifeline's Big Charity Week fund raising event in Great Britain from September 23-27, 2013.
- Time Travel This week in... // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/12/2014, Issue 3101, p7
An excerpt from the article "ABTA admits election error" published in the June 1988 issue of the journal is presented.
- Balance payment change slammed. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/6/2002, Issue 2512, p16
Reports that British travel operators came under attack for changing balance due dates and giving direct booking details prominence in brochures. Normal length of due dates before departure; Resolution ignored by the Association of British Travel Agents.
- ABTA may regulate insurance. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/23/2002, Issue 2532, p14
Reports that the Great Britain government has accepted the possibility that the Association of British Travel Agents could regulate travel insurance sales. Meeting held with the Treasury in a bid to spare the trade regulation by the Financial Services Authority.
- ABTA promises closer contact with members. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/4/2002, Issue 2503, p20
Reports that the Association of British Travel Agents is trying to communicate more with members in Great Britain, in reaction to industry conditions and a fall in subscription income as of March 4, 2002. Activities planned; Industry conditions which affected the business of its members.
- Saluting the Slovenians. // ABTA Magazine;Nov2014, p9
The article offers information as a travel destination and the venue of Travel Convention of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) held in Ljubljana.