Legislation to Clean Up Brownfields Takes Shape in House
- U.S. Rep. Paul Gillmor. McGowan, Elizabeth // Waste News;9/17/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p11
The article presents an obituary for U.S. representative Paul Gillmor.
- Ohio Rep. Gillmor remembered for 'love for our state and our country'. Kucinich, Jackie // Hill;9/6/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 101, p3
The article presents an obituary for Paul Gillmor, Representative from the 5th congressional district of Ohio.
- Brownfield Redevelopment Complications Being Debated. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/04/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 23, pB4
Reports on the introduction of a bill in the Michigan seeking to amend the Brownfield Redevelopment Financing Act. Provisions of the legislative bill; Opponents and proponents of the legislative proposal. INSET: Lawmakers Expand Browningfield Credit.
- Brownfield laws will improve, say lawmakers. Serwach, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;06/07/99, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p5
Focuses on the promise of several lawmakers to push for reforms to ease the development of brownfields by businesses in Michigan. Quality of existing brownfield laws in the state; Reforms outlined by the lawmakers; Reaction to the proposed reforms.
- Toxic brew to scenic view. Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;03/03/97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Jim Feudner, the community-development director for Riverview, Detroit, is hoping that legislation will help finance better access to the Detroit River. Reason the downriver community is cut off from its dominate natural feature; Reason developers shy away from brownfields; Claims...
- Brownfields: down to the wire. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/13/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p5A
Reports that legislation that would clear the way for the redevelopment of contaminated properties or brownfields has made it through both houses of the state Legislature in Long Island, New York. Objectives of the bills; Sponsors; New York's system for cleaning up brownfields; Funding.
- Brownfields cleanup initiatives urged to spur economic development. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/20/97, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p14
Reports that US Senator Frank Lautenberg is planning to introduce comprehensive `brownfields' legislation to convert more abandoned, lightly polluted former industrial sites to productive use. Promotion of cleanup sites with less contamination that would qualify for the Federal Superfund...
- CONGRESS. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;5/2/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 18, p12
Reports on the approval given by the United States Senate to a legislative bill that would provide funds for the redevelopment of brownfields sites. Implications of the support given by the chemical industry to the bill; Details on the funding given by the government to the cleanup project.
- N.J. Rep. Andrews Proposes Tax Credit Bonds to Improve Brownfields. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31598, p5
Reports on the proposed legislation by Representative Robert Andrews to allow states and localities to issue upto $250 million in taxable tax-credit bonds to clean up brownfields in New Jersey. Significance of the bonds for the state; Estimated number of brownfields in the state; Opposition to...