Hopes Grow That Congress Will Pass Energy-Only Tax Bill
- Britain's CHPA lambasts Climate Change Levy. // Power Economics;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p10
Reports that the Combined Heat and Power Association has called on the government of Great Britain to revise its Climate Change Levy energy tax as of October 2000. Provisions of the energy tax law.
- ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL TAXES. Yood, Andrew C.; Milne, Janet E.; Dollinger, Stephan G. // Tax Lawyer;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1143
Deals with developments on energy and environmental taxation in the U.S. Provisions of special rules for foreign and gas income under section 1907 of the Internal Revenue Code; Regulations issued by the Internal Revenue Service concerning qualified transportation fringe benefits; Internal...
- Complex Rules and Congressional Outcomes: An Event Study of Energy Tax Legislation. Gilligan, Thomas W.; Krehbiel, Keith // Journal of Politics;Aug88, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p625
Examines a spatial model of legislative politics to accommodate complex special rules on energy tax legislation in the United States House of Representatives. Limitations of spatial model of legislative politics; Energy tax legislation in the ninety-third United States Congress.
- Recent Developments & Observations. Cohen, Adam M. // Journal of Passthrough Entities;May/Jun2015, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p43
The article discusses taxation issues in the U.S. energy sector as of May 2015, particularly on compensation income and income from an economic interest in oil and gas. It presents the case involving the tax on bonuses of a sector employee from depletable economic interest, as well as other...
- As Expected, More Insurance Tax Talk. Katz, Michelle // LAN: Life Association News;Mar1999, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the United States government's 1999 insurance-related tax proposals. Information on President Bill Clinton's Fiscal 2000 budget proposal; Industrial impact of the business-use insurance taxes; Federal taxes paid by life insurance companies between 1986 and 1995.
- German touring tax `a disaster' says promoter rep. Schoepe, Zenon // Pro Sound News;Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p36
Reports on music concert promoters' reaction to a proposed legislation which will change in German withholding tax regulations. Failure of discussions between industry groups and the German Parliamentary State Secretary; Percentage increase of the penalty for touring artists; Impact of the...
- Petroleum Tax Reform Proposals in Norway and Denmark. Lund, Diderik // Energy Journal;2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p37
Provides information on petroleum tax reform proposals in Norway and Denmark. Features of the petroleum tax reform proposals; Problems in the implementation of the proposals; Principles and implementation of a neutral tax based on the standard assumption of value additivity.
- Industry still seeks premium tax relief. Swift, Shelley // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/8/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p19A
Reports that the Indiana insurance industry is hopeful that a bill lowering the state's premium tax will be passed this legislative session. Previous vetoing of the bill by Governor Frank O'Bannon because of budget concerns; Proposed lowering of the premium tax in a five-year period; Comparison...
- Restructuring UK PLC. Butler, Rick // Global Finance;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p6
Deals with tax measures passed by the British government for corporations. Net effect of the laws; Comment from Oliver Stocken, chief financial officer (CFO) of Barclays Bank; Impact on sharebuybacks.