Maryland Seen to Finish $385 Million in Black
- Tight Times Loom, But It Could Be Worse. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p12A
Focuses on the economic condition of Maryland in the fiscal year 2002. Reduction made in the general fund revenue projections by the Maryland Board of Revenue; Budget figures as proposed by governor for fiscal 2003; General obligation debt in 2002.
- Gov. Glendening Says Maryland Faces Short-Term Challenges . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/17/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31306, p28
Reports on the economic challenges faced by Maryland as of January 17, 2002. Reasons cited for the short-term difficulties faced by the state; Plans to beef up the state's security; Improvement in areas of social welfare.
- Maryland tells raters about $60 million surplus. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p2
Focuses on Maryland Comptroller Louis Goldstein's announcement that the state ran a $60 million surplus in fiscal 1997 during a meeting with the three major bond rating agencies on September 2, 1997. Significance for the state's fiscal strength.
- Comptroller: Nassau County Ended Fiscal '02 With Surplus. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p4
Reports on the confirmation by the Comptroller Howard Weitzman regarding the fiscal surplus in the year 2002 in Nassau County, New York. Factors responsible for the boost in cash position of the county; Cash-flow borrowings of the county for the previous year; Significance of non-recurring...
- News In Brief: CBO Sees Small Budget Surpluses. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p2
Reports on the probability of budget surpluses during 2002-03 as expected by the U.S. Congressional Budget Office's director Dan L. Grippen. Decline in projections about federal budget surpluses; Factors that led to the projected decline; Impact of U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal for...
- A Reversal In Fiscal Fortunes? // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on an increase in Brazil's general government primary fiscal surplus in November 2009.
- Kent County has budget surplus. Crurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/10/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that Kent County, Michigan ended the year 2009 with an operating surplus for the first time since 2001, amounting to 800,000 U.S. dollars, on account of a sudden windfall of tax dollars and transfers from other funds to the general fund.
- News In Brief: Government Ran Surplus in Jan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p2
Reports on budget surplus posted by the U.S. in January 2002. Budget deficit in December 2001; Budget surplus in January 2001; Personal income tax receipts in January 2002.
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;02/05/2013, p2
The article discusses the increase in the Czech Republic's state budget surplus in January 2013 as compared to the same month in 2012.