Terry Russell to Take Reins Friday As New President of the Florida Bar
- Lawyer Ad Limits. Marcotte, Paul // ABA Journal;Nov89, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p42
Reports on the Florida Bar Association's recommendations on lawyer advertising in the United States. Proposed restrictions in advertising of legal services; Requirements for advertising lawyers; Lawyer advertisers' reactions to the bar's recommendations.
- Bar names 59 Leadership Academy fellows. // Florida Bar News;6/1/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the 59 fellows to be trained by the Florida Bar for future leadership roles within the legal profession as part of the Leadership Academy inaugural class in 2013.
- 2014 JNC nominations to be made. // Florida Bar News;3/1/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p3
The article presents a notice announcing two lawyer vacancies on the 26 Judicial Nominating Commissions (JNCs) in which six lawyers will be nominated by the Florida Bar for each (JNC) to the appointment of the governor in Florida.
- Senior counselors to be recognized. // Florida Bar News;4/1/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that attorneys with 50 years of legal practice, even if part of the practice is spent in other states, will be recognized by the Florida Bar, an integrated bar association, at its annual convention at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando on June 27, 2014.
- Fla. Bar to get tougher on ads by attorneys. FitzGerald, Nora // Adweek Southeast Edition;07/21/97, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p4
Reports that the Florida Bar Association will pass stricter advertising regulations for attorneys in July 1997. Recommendations made by the state bar's advertising task force; Solicitation rule.
- Nominations for professionalism awards are now being accepted. // Florida Bar News;11/1/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that the nominations for Group Professionalism Award, William M. Hoeveler Judicial Professionalism Award, and Law Faculty/Administrator Award are being accepted by the Standing Committee of Professionalism of The Florida Bar.
- Benchmarks program slated for Bar's Fall Meeting. // Florida Bar News;9/15/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p6
The article offers information on the Benchmarks: Raising the Bar on Civics Education program seminar of The Florid Bar to be held at the Florida Bar Fall Meeting in Tampa, Florida on October 17, 2014.
- YLD gives second $100,000 gift to the Foundation. // Florida Bar News;7/15/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that 100,000 dollar check is given by the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar's Young Lawyers Division June 27.
- ADMIRALTY & MARITIME. // Florida Bar Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 83 Issue 8, Special section p2
The article lists the names of lawyers who are certified in the board of Admirality and Maritime of the Florida Bar in Florida including Michael William McLeod, John W. Keller III, and Mark Robin Ercolin.