S&P to Bid Adieu to Blue List
- Reedy Creek District On S&P CreditWatch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p4
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's has placed the ad valorem tax-backed bonds and the utility revenue bonds of the Reedy Creek Improvement District in Florida on its CreditWatch list. Rationale behind the step taken by the rating agency; Impact of Reedy Creek determination on its...
- Finding Safety: As Recession Descends, High-Rated Debt Is Best. Yacoe, Don // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p22
Questions the safety of Pennsylvania municipal bonds in the event of an economic recession in the U.S. Advantages of opting for insured debt; Factors that could worry bondholders; Debt ratings of the state according to the financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P puts Tulsa county criminal agency on CreditWatch; negative implications. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p7
States that Standard & Poor's has placed the Tulsa County, Oklahoma Criminal Justice Authority's sales tax-backed bonds on CreditWatch with negative implications. Court ruling that jail trust agency was created under an improperly used statute; County's indication of intent to repay debt.
- After Six Decades, the Blue List Calls It Quits. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31206, p25
Reports on the final issue of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s Blue List. Competition in the changing market for offering municipal bonds in the secondary market in the United States; Secondary market gauge.
- S&P affirms N.Y.C. GO rating at A-Minus. // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p2
Cites Standard & Poor's assignment of an A-minus rating to New York City's general obligation (GO) bonds, Series 1999H, scheduled to sell in March 1999. Affirmation of the ratings on the city's outstanding GO debt at A-minus; Improvement of the city's fiscal health.
- Chicago suburb to sell GO-backed ballpark debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30448, p4
Reports that the suburb of Schaumburg in Chicago, Illinois will sell $15 million of general obligation bonds for a minor league ballpark. Bond rating by Standard & Poor's Corp.; First Chicago Capital Markets Inc. as manager of the deal; Structure of the bonds.
- S&P anticipates Colo. housing default. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's has assigned a CC rating to single-family mortgage revenue bonds that Boulder County, Colorado has issued in 1982. Placement of the issue on CreditWatch with a negative outlook.
- Time to see if District of Columbia is investment grade again, S&P says. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p1
Reports on the plan of Standard & Poor's Corp. to review the credit quality of the District of Columbia as the district plans to issue $200 million tax and revenue anticipation notes in October 1998. Possibility of upgrading; Concerns about liquidity and spending bills; District's ability to...
- New Hampshire warned to fix school funding. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p15
Reports on the statement by Standard & Poor's Corp. that the state of New Hampshire needs to fix its school funding in order to preserve its credit rating for its outstanding general obligation bonds. Total school spending; Total state budget; Legislation to increase state aid to schools.