Synthetic Derivative Volume Rises As Investors Eye Steep Yield Curve
- Forward transactions punch up lethargic municipal derivatives market. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;08/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30206, p25
Reports on the demand in the United States for municipal derivatives with forward elements. Characteristics of forward purchase agreements; California Department of Water Resources' forward bond issues; Vanderbilt University's refunding bonds; Justification for higher yields on forward issues.
- Be Vigilant With Derivatives in Short-Term Market, Panel Warns. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p1
Cites the results of a panel discussion on the derivative products of municipal bonds in the United States. Warning on fund managers to remain vigilant after they added the securities to their portfolios; Projections that synthetic variable-rate products will become more popular and necessary...
- From the TM3 wire. Monsarrat, Sean; Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;05/26/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30400, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds and derivative securities in the United States as of May 26, 1998. Includes anticipation of New York's entry to the primary market with the sale of $150 million fixed rate, new-money general obligation funds; Information provided by Securities...
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/26/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30400, p33
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds and derivative securities in the United States as of May 26, 1998. Includes Arkansas Development Finance Authority's approval of the sale of two series of bonds; Fitch IBCA Inc.'s assignment of an AAA rating to $15.1 million of Colorado Water...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;06/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30906, p6
Presents charts and graphs depicting trends in the derivatives and municipal bond markets as of the first week of June 2000.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p9
Presents information on derivative securities in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Includes the Bond Market Association's municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;05/30/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30901, p4
Presents information on the derivative securities market in the United States as of May 30, 2000. Bond Market Association's Municipal Swap Index.
- Bond issuers will be sitting pretty even if recession strikes, analysts say. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p34
Reports that municipal bond insurers in the United States are confident that they will be able to weather the next recession. Absence of defaults in the municipal bond markets even during a downturn; Rationale behind Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s acquisition of General Re Corp.; Effects of falling...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 20. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p2
Presents information on the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Includes municipal bond deals; Economic indicators.